Forums / Media / Moving Images

18,567 total conversations in 823 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
Gravity Falls General

Last posted Jul 16, 2015 at 01:01PM EDT. Added Jul 15, 2012 at 10:12PM EDT
667 posts from 75 users

What if the end of the Gravity Falls hiatus was timed up to coincide with the end

of the third season of Friendship is Magic so it could get some of the brony demographic?

Verbose wrote:

What if the end of the Gravity Falls hiatus was timed up to coincide with the end

of the third season of Friendship is Magic so it could get some of the brony demographic?

The bigger the Faller fandom, the better! WE WILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD!

MWAHAHA!!!

Last edited Feb 11, 2013 at 11:50PM EST

20% Cooler than Ice Rinsankajugin wrote:

The bigger the Faller fandom, the better! WE WILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD!

MWAHAHA!!!

>Faller
>Faller
>Faller
>Faller
>Faller

Yeah I can't get behind that. Sorry.

Anyway I am very excited for this. It has been far too long since we've seen this cutie:

Crimson Locks wrote:

I want to know what Mable's wost nightmare was…

For some reason, I think her nightmare would have to deal with either Pacifica or her parents. The Pine parents kinda rub me the wrong way for some reason.

Also, the next episode is in 2 weeks, May 1st! Get ready for the Bottomless Pit!

For some reason, I think her nightmare would have to deal with either Pacifica or her parents. The Pine parents kinda rub me the wrong way for some reason.

Also, the next episode is in 2 weeks, May 1st! Get ready for the Bottomless Pit!

You mean March 1st?

Sounds exciting! Such a mysterious title, too! I wonder what it's about…

I just watched the Summerween episode, and it reminded me of how much I like this show.

I think I can compare it to Courage the Cowardly Dog in that it has decent enough horror (Courage had more though,) humor (Gravity Falls has more though), and feel-inducing moments.

The end of Courage episodes tended to have a moment where Courage would be relaxing with Muriel after a traumatizing episode. It's a very nice moment before the ending punchline. But there were also particularly memorable times like when Eustace's mother is revealed to be bald and she's torn up about it. But Eustace is the one to make her feel better after being antagonized by her the whole episode (and apparently, his whole life…)

Or when the very ugly man is actually met with kindness for once in his life and he walks off at the end of the episode laughing to himself.

I had a similar feeling when Mabel let Dipper put a bandaid on her arm (after being upset with him, like when she was really distraught about her pig in the time-traveling episode, I think.)

Or this.

It's a little silly, but that sorta taps into my "belief" that inanimate objects have just one desire, and that's to be used for their original purpose. So whenever I drop a piece of popcorn or a potato chip, I think that the moment that chip had sitting in its bag or the kernel in its bag had come, but my clumsiness kept it from fulfilling it's purpose.

(Snack time is srs bsns)

I think the descriptions for the Sandbag in Super Smash Bros. Melee and Brawl sum up my feelings.

Sandbag exists for one reason only: to get smashed in the Home-Run Contest. Pound on Sandbag as much as possible in the time allotted, then swing for the fences as you compete for the longest home run of all time. Getting hit doesn't hurt Sandbag at all. As a matter of fact, it loves to see players wind up and let loose.
An item that appears in the Home-Run Contest, where the goal is to do lots of damage to Sandbag, then send it flying as far as you can. It also appears in the regular game. If you smash it, a storm of confetti and items will burst out. Sandbag doesn't feel pain, though; in fact, it's happy to be of service.

I'm sure there's a trope for that (and a therapist for me) somewhere out there.

Awesome analysis on Summerween, Verbose! That pretty much sums it up. :D

Also, if any of you have seen the latest episode, The Deep End, then you'd know about Mermando the Merman. From what I've heard, he's voiced by Matt Chapman.

Essentially, this guy…

Is this guy…

Also, one of my favorite scenes:

So, I actually watched Gravity Falls on Disney Channel the other day (zomg!) and Disney channel's advertising (at least for their shows) is downright abysmal. In an advertisement for one of their tweeny shows they literally gave away basically all of the plot twists of their new episode (and probably some of the best jokes as well), and it just baffled me how bad their advertising is. Except advertisement for their movies. At one point there was a little "behind the scenes" bit for Oz the Great and Powerful that talked about the sets used during the movie, and god damn that thing actually made the movie seem really cool and interesting.

Welp, that was my off topic rant for the day. Does anyone know how many episodes there are gonna be in this season? I'm getting anxious to see the super amazing twist that has been foretold about the season finale.

My brother today heard on facebook that Gravity Falls was being cancelled and immediately told me. I then started to mope around the house for my loss for a couple minutes only for my brother to come back and say "nevermind, I got trolled". I will never forgive my brother for doing this to me.

I saw Carpet Diem the other week. I knew it wouldn't be long until there was a "body switch" episode, and it was done beautifully. We see a little more into Stan's super secret suspicious side that was hinted at at the end of episode 1, and I was pissing myself when Soos switched bodies with Waddles.

Dat finale… DAT FUCKING FINALE!!!!

That episode
That plot development
These revelations
The Mind Blowing of those final seconds

This…this is too much for me to comprehend all at once.
I freaking knew he had one of them, BECAUSE OF THE FUCKING FEZ!

Also:
>Watched one of the related videos
>One of them actually proves who was the author of the books
Ahhhh shit!

Anyone know when S2 is gonna air in Australia?

Someone said in August, and I have Pay TV with Disney Channel so it's gonna be the only reason I watch that now :)

So apparently, you can summon zombies in GF and sing awful in a karaoke machine is your best choice in case of zombie invasion. So for now, whenever a zombie invasion occur, I just gonna sing "Let it Go" in G major to pomp out those zombie heads.

Everyone be weary of certain clips and gifs online because apparently the next episode was already released online for some reason. Me, being the impatient bastard I am, watched it. I have to say, this season is much funnier and darker than the last one, and that's awesome.

Remember to catch Into the Bunker on Monday!

Apparently this was an unused theme song from before the show was completed. It is… inappropriately catchy…

Gravity Falls is not what you call a sleepy town
Though like any other town
All the people rest at the moon's request when the sun goes down
But that is when the mayhem awakens and madness crawls out of nowhere
We go where adventure calls
While the people are sleeping behind safe walls
We're explorers of forests and haunted halls
Empty graves and old caves and abandoned malls
I mean there's nothin' else to do here in Gravity Falls!

Last edited Aug 04, 2014 at 01:20PM EDT

There was absolutely nothing on tv so I thought, hey why not watch this.

Let's just say it's 3:15 in the morning here and I'm on the 10th episode.

Guys, a crazy idea just popped into my head!

I think McGucket might be older than we think. I know this because I just rewatched The Time Traveler's Pig and saw one of the wagon folk's kids, the baby, have a bandage in the same spot where McGucket's beard bandage would be.

If this were to be true and that was a young McGucket we saw, that would mean that he'd be almost 200 years old. That seems impossible, but then I remembered something that could make this make sense.

The cryogenic tubes!

If he was the supposed author, he could have probably made those tubes back in his 20's or 30's and used them to freeze himself for many years. He probably wasn't even supposed to be around this current time if the boxes with the future years are any indication. There might have been an accident that caused him to come out of the tube earlier than expected and jamble up his brain, hence why he's practically an insane old coot now.

Remember, this is just an idea I had, but who knows…

While I like the theory I can't necessarily get 100% behind it. It'd be interesting if he ended up being 200+ years old but I feel the connection that it makes him the journal writer is a bit of a leap to make. It'd also be a little bit anticlimactic to me if the writer ended up being the crazy old guy we've seen around since episode 2. Also, we meet the old man's son in the second episode and the guy is like middle aged. I don't know if they'll retcon the son or anything considering we haven't seen him since episode 2 (at least not to my memory) but I suppose it's all food for thought.

I have my own speculation on the show. I don't know if this was already a theory or whatever but after seeing the premier I think Stan may have written the first journal. I kinda have the feeling all three of them had different authors (perhaps authors that all knew each other). I dunno, I just feel like this was something that was heavily hinted at us when Stan said Dipper was just as stubborn as him while looking at his reflection in the journal. I really like the idea of Stan being the curious investigative type like Dipper is.

Finally finished season 1. Episode 20, man, that was epic at the end. Good thing I started just as season 2 began. Got some catching up to do, but this series is great!

Yo! You must login or signup first!