Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,774 total conversations in 9,945 threads

+ New Thread

2024 Summer Steam Giveaway!!!

Last posted Jun 27, 2024 at 06:59PM EDT. Added Jun 22, 2024 at 06:02PM EDT
24 posts from 16 users

Hello again kym users! the Steam Summer Sale is next week. I'll be giving away 20$ Steam giftcards to two lucky contestants! Imma try keeping it at hundred bucks a year, so only 2 winners for Summer and 3 winners during the Holidays. Well with that out of the way, here are the rules.

• The drawings for entry begin as of this posting right now to June 27,12:00AM (PST). To enter, simply post, one post equals one entry per user
  • For those who were not present for last year's give-away or were previously ineligible, I have but only one stipulation for contestants. As before, your KYM account must be at least 1 year old. Any accounts under a year old need not enter or post, you will be ignored and your entry considered null.

Good Luck!

Last edited Jun 22, 2024 at 06:03PM EDT

In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire: the A-Team.

Quiet_boi wrote:

So all we need to do is draw something and just like that we get a chance at winning 20$ on Steam?
I can do that! How can we begin?

You're in! all you need to do is make a single post to this thread to gain entry to the raffle. At the end, I'll put your name and everyone else's name who posted into a random name picker. From there, whichever 2 names are drawn from the lot, win!

Lake: Shadow Legends wrote:

In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire: the A-Team.

…And close!

Thank you for your participation everyone! Without further ado, here are the results!

• As before, in the spirit of fairness and impartiality, I've drawn all your names into a random name picker. Here are our Winners!

Sugary Salt
Mistress Fortune

Congratulations you two! I will pm your prizes shortly.

As for everyone else, expect another giveaway during the holidays to give your luck another spin!

I won? Woah, I finally won!

Unfortunately, it looks like the currency is non-convertible to mine. Either that or there's a typo; Steam doesn't know and neither do I.
So, uh, guess a redo is needed.

Last edited Jun 27, 2024 at 12:25PM EDT

There was an unforeseen complication with Sugary because of regional issues, but I'm in the process of sorting it out so he gets his due reward.

I've been buying physical gift cards to dole out the prizes in all my past raffles since I thought it simpler and preferred the anonymity between both parties. And so far this wasn't a problem until now. I don't necessarily have issue with adding you peeps to my friends list, I just didn't want anyone who won to feel obligated to me. Should this issue arise again during the next giveaway, I'll pm the winner my Steam page so they can send a friend request and receive their prize that way. A mild inconvenience is that method comes with 3 day waiting period before I can send anything.

And to martin:

I'll consider it, sorry to discriminate towards newbies. This little giveaway was my way to bring a little cheer to the only online community I've ever felt a part of. My intent was to give some of the regulars and active members a little something to look forward too every now and then. I generally wanted to avoid bots, alts, user who joined 2 hours ago, and I felt 1 year was a appropriate amount of time for user to immerse themselves into kym.

Yo! You must login or signup first!