Forums / Media / Moving Images

18,567 total conversations in 823 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
Gravity Falls General

Last posted Jul 16, 2015 at 01:01PM EDT. Added Jul 15, 2012 at 10:12PM EDT
667 posts from 75 users

I CAN"T UNDERSTAND NONE OF THESE POST!
No seriously guy, I'm a little bit lost right now with type of writing you guys are posting. Mid telling what's going on?

@Dac

Rurtuvk. O'rr payz qkkv ut vuyzotm yusk toik iovnkxy. Iovnkx iovnkx iovnkx iovnkx.

We're encrypting our words with a cipher. A caesarian shift. You take the statement and shift every letter over to the corresponding letter in the alphabet.

A "B" would shift over two letters and become a "D". Just remember your alphabets. The key is figuring out how much we've shifted over.

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Good luck. (Hint: To decipher my current message, shift every letter back by 6.)

Last edited Jul 21, 2012 at 01:44AM EDT

Mexx Android wrote:

I CAN"T UNDERSTAND NONE OF THESE POST!
No seriously guy, I'm a little bit lost right now with type of writing you guys are posting. Mid telling what's going on?

all of it makes sense, the key to decoding it is in the show. All you have to do is Illh clo qeb ibqqbo qexq'p qeobb ybefka!

@bob
Vla? L wkrxjkw brx rqob vkliwhg lw edfn wkuhh?

Last edited Jul 21, 2012 at 01:49AM EDT

Wait… You guys don't know about caesarian shifts?

…

Sorry, I assumed you guys enjoyed deciphering messages as much as I did. Sorry about that.

@Dac

With a caesarian shift, you can shift backwards and forwards as much as you want. The real mystery is in finding the right answer.

I guess Gravity Falls only uses 3 back… go figure.

I assumed you guys were fellow deciphering enthusiasts and just went with random shifting in hopes that you'd find my messages.

Edit: Here. I went online and found this site. It should help you guys out if you want to know what I was saying.

http://rumkin.com/tools/cipher/caesar.php

(It's a little weird since it doesn't move backwards, but it uses the encrypted letters as a starting point, so after hitting 'z' it'll go back to 'a'. Keep going forward until you've figured out my messages if you want.)

Last edited Jul 21, 2012 at 02:04AM EDT

Mexx Android wrote:

@Bob

Eq M hsmrk mx wmklx?

Close, but the deciphered text says "sight" instead of "right". I think the "w" is wrong in that encrypted message.

Last edited Jul 21, 2012 at 02:03AM EDT

@bob
That's why I couldn't figure it out. I Just assumed you were messing around. Thanks for the website by the way.
Brx kdyh suryhq brxuvhoi zruwkb wr eh wkh fr-khdg ri wkh nbp judylwb idoov eurwkhukrrg! Gr brx dffhsw?

@bob
Qr, L'p vwxpshg. L wulhg doo ri wkhp, exw doo L jrw zdv ere olnhv judylwb idoov. L zdv mxvw nlgglqj derxw wkh eurwkhukrrg eb wkh zdb.

I was watching Gravity falls right now on Disney, and I gotta say that the commercials are killing me. The other shit on Disney is so awful that I want to cry. This show and phineas and ferb are all Disney has going for it. Mr. Young looks fucking awful!

@Dac

R twxf hxd fnan trmmrwp jkxdc cqn kaxcqnaqxxm. R’v sdbc qjerwp bxvn odw frcq hxd. Cqn bnlxwm vnbbjpn rb twxfw jb j “Tnhnm Ljnbjarjw”. Rc’b j ljnbjarjw bqroc frcq j yjbbfxam. Rw cqjc urwt R bnwc hxd, uxxt cx cqn brmn. Dwmna “Ljnbja” lurlt Tnhnm. Cqn yjbbfxam fjb cqn xwuh yqajbn hxd lxdum anjm. Ydc cqn bnlxwm bcjcnvnwc rw (cqn wnf mnlahycrxw, wxc cqn xwn oaxv vh yxbc), dbn cqn tnh jwm bnc cqn cqrwp cx “Mnlahyc”. Hxd bqxdum orwm vh vnbbjpn bqxacuh.

Jesus Christ, that took a while to encrypt. I think I got it right. Let me know if you get the message in this one. Anyway, I agree with you. All their shows seem terrible. I like Phineas and Ferb, though. And this show is already great.

Last edited Jul 21, 2012 at 02:57AM EDT

>mfw he said "this is um…. us"

kids are adorable

@bob
Qr, L fdqw ghfrgh wkh phvvdjh iurp wkh odvw sdjh. L pxvw eh grlqj vrphwklqj zurqj.

Sorry for the double post, but has anyone noticed this in the opening?

@bob
Max etlm xiblhwx ltbw tm max xgw "fk.vxtlxkbtg pbee ux hnm gxqm pxxd, fk.tmutla pbee ybee bg". Wh rhn dghp ahp mh wxvhwx matm?

Last edited Jul 21, 2012 at 01:42PM EDT

Dac wrote:

@bob
Qr, L'p vwxpshg. L wulhg doo ri wkhp, exw doo L jrw zdv ere olnhv judylwb idoov. L zdv mxvw nlgglqj derxw wkh eurwkhukrrg eb wkh zdb.

I was watching Gravity falls right now on Disney, and I gotta say that the commercials are killing me. The other shit on Disney is so awful that I want to cry. This show and phineas and ferb are all Disney has going for it. Mr. Young looks fucking awful!

mr. Young isnt that bad and theres some marvel x phineas and ferb crossover. They paid me money to show up

Last edited Jul 21, 2012 at 01:39PM EDT

Memelord wrote:

mr. Young isnt that bad and theres some marvel x phineas and ferb crossover. They paid me money to show up

Oh, I've seen an episode of Mr. Young. It's awful. My 12 year old brother can't stand it. I did say Phineas was good though, as well as tron and I'd imagine the marvel shows.

I come back and all of you are talkin about ciphers.

So… uh… Ow-hay s-iay our-yay ipher-cay alk-tay oing-gay?

Oh fuck this I can't cipher worth a damn.

@Dac; Actually, yes I have noticed. I figured it was probably Bigfoot or something, but for the most part I was going "…wat was dat?"

Dac wrote:

Sorry for the double post, but has anyone noticed this in the opening?

@bob
Max etlm xiblhwx ltbw tm max xgw "fk.vxtlxkbtg pbee ux hnm gxqm pxxd, fk.tmutla pbee ybee bg". Wh rhn dghp ahp mh wxvhwx matm?

Holy fuck, its Bigfoot.

Wow. How come I've never spotted this before…?

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

Rk… Dwedvk. Dwedvk lv suhwwb vlpsoh.

D=C
E=B
F=A
Hwf (Wklv vkrxog eh wudqvodwhg wrr.)

M aew wsqialex Efpi xs higmtliv xlex, fyx wsqi pixxivw aivi syx sj tpegi.

Just do I'm sure, the next episode is August 10, right

Cite wrote:

Okay yeah seriously, it's not funny anymore can we stop with the fucking cipher posts now.

As long as we post other content in the same post( as I have been doing), I don't think it's a problem. Ciphers are relavant to the show. Just ignore the cipher part and just comment on the other stuff in the same post.

Gravity falls wallpaper.

Last edited Jul 22, 2012 at 01:17AM EDT

Dac wrote:

M aew wsqialex Efpi xs higmtliv xlex, fyx wsqi pixxivw aivi syx sj tpegi.

Just do I'm sure, the next episode is August 10, right

Were they? I was just saying that atbash is a simple cipher.

A=Z
B=Y
C=X

And so on…

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Z Y X W V U T S R Q P O N M L K J I H G F E D C B A

List 1 is converted to list 2.

@bob
I knew that's what you were talking about.
To everyone else, the last thing said " mr. Cesearian will be out next week, mr.atbash will be filling in". So now you know how to decipher it in the next episode.

Memelord wrote:

i had to watch this episode after Gravity Falls once i still feel dirty

I am conflicted…

On one hand Disney made Gravity Falls…

But on the other, they made that…and that is pretty hard to forgive.

Dac wrote:

Also, this entry needs more content
Any pictures or videos you find, please post them on there. It had 4 videos and 12 pics today and I added some more but it's still pathetic.

I apologize. I've been trying to work on it all weekend, but I've been bogged down by IRL shit. If any of the other editors could pick up the slack, It'd be cool.

So, I just watched the first episode.

This…

show…

is…

AWESOME.

From the second I first saw it in a gif someone posted a while back, I could already tell I was going to love it. The animation is fantastic! I'm pleased to see that the writing and humor matches up. Also, didn't take long to figure out who the best character was in this show.

Anyway, loading up episodes two and three right now. Gonna watch 'em both when my brother gets home. Can't wait.

MFW>

Last edited Jul 23, 2012 at 02:01AM EDT

God this show is amazing. I've been seeing Gifs and macros of this show and for the longest time I was trying to figure out what the name of the show was. Boy, am I beyond happy to finally be watching it.
I didn't expect to see humor like this in a Disney Channel show. Ever.

I love Mabel, and I find myself sharing similar qualities with her, but Soos is best pon-I mean character

Also, I can't believe nobody on this thread has mentioned the goggles guy yet! He's in every episode (like the alien in South Park) and he's even in the intro!

Last edited Jul 23, 2012 at 01:40PM EDT

@ crimsonlocks

Yeah, I've heard people say he might be the time travaler in the upcoming episode " the time travelers pig".

Look, Devolopment art!

Also this:

Last edited Jul 23, 2012 at 01:58PM EDT

Why is it when I saw that Disco Soos title I immediately thought of Disco Stu of Simpsons fame?
I am an odd individual.

@Disney video clip – NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE

Hi! You must login or signup first!