Forums / Discussion / General

233,391 total conversations in 7,804 threads

+ New Thread

NFL 2014-15 Season General: Stop Calling It Handegg

Last posted Feb 19, 2015 at 10:31PM EST. Added Aug 07, 2014 at 04:35PM EDT
423 posts from 27 users

>Lions lose
It's not as though that was unexpected. At least Seattle crushed Green Bay's #1 seed hopes.

Time for Romo to do what he does best and fail to properly swallow, resulting in his windpipe becoming obstructed.

Kurt Warner's Ghost said:

People love stability…

I stopped watching bassetball because it was the same damn teams every single year. Once the Pistons moved back into their division's basement there wasn't any incentive left. If there's one thing Americans love, it's an underdog--and that's why people always route for the "new guy" (Royals, Rockies, Rays, Pirates, etc.) when the playoffs come around.

Hell, even hockey is falling into that pattern. Last 5 Cup winners: Kings, Blackhawks, Kings, Bruins, Blackhawks. All big-market teams with a history of success. I always want that one team who did surprisingly well to win (Coyotes and Panthers a few years back, Wild and Blue Jackets last year, likely the Islanders and Predators this year), but that never happens. Still, the NHL doesn't really feel the same way as other leagues when the refs will literally change a series' outcome so the league can make more money. I'm looking at you, 2002 Western Conference Finals.

Suh's suspension might be reduced to a fine. It didn't really look like it was done with any malice, to be honest. Also the league are fucking pussies so there's that. Regardless, so you're saying there's a chance?

Jersey Jimmy wrote:

Suh's suspension might be reduced to a fine. It didn't really look like it was done with any malice, to be honest. Also the league are fucking pussies so there's that. Regardless, so you're saying there's a chance?

Wouldn't them being pussies mean they would uphold the suspension of the big scary defensive tackle who stepped on the poor quarterback's legs?

0.9999...=1 wrote:

Wouldn't them being pussies mean they would uphold the suspension of the big scary defensive tackle who stepped on the poor quarterback's legs?

They overreacted to it is why they're pussies. A lot of the stuff Brandon Meriweather does, for example, would be legal tackles in the 80's, 90's, hell, even early 2000's.

Jersey Jimmy wrote:

Hell, even hockey is falling into that pattern. Last 5 Cup winners: Kings, Blackhawks, Kings, Bruins, Blackhawks. All big-market teams with a history of success. I always want that one team who did surprisingly well to win (Coyotes and Panthers a few years back, Wild and Blue Jackets last year, likely the Islanders and Predators this year), but that never happens. Still, the NHL doesn't really feel the same way as other leagues when the refs will literally change a series' outcome so the league can make more money. I'm looking at you, 2002 Western Conference Finals.

>Kings
>history of success
T O P L E L
O
P
L
E
L

Kings couldn't win even with the help of The Great One

Jiimy Lethal said:

I’m looking at you, 2002 Western Conference Finals.

Hey, it's not the refs fault Roy totally (and deliciously) imploded in game 7.

chowzburgerz said:

Thank goodness Suh got suspended.

Lel. The butthurt in the comments is amazing.

Last edited Dec 31, 2014 at 01:03AM EST

xTSGx said:

It's on like Ndamukong. (Also I guess the Lions are my team now, considering cheering for the 'Skins is akin to getting piss splashed on your face with your eyes open.)

Last edited Dec 31, 2014 at 01:12AM EST

xTSGx wrote:

Jiimy Lethal said:

I’m looking at you, 2002 Western Conference Finals.

Hey, it's not the refs fault Roy totally (and deliciously) imploded in game 7.

chowzburgerz said:

Thank goodness Suh got suspended.

Based on the context, I believe Jimmy was referring to the NBA 2002 Western Conference Finals. I would go into more detail about that, but I assume you already know.

>RYAN LINDLEL
>RYAN LINDLEL
>RYAN LINDLEL
>RYAN LINDLEL
>RYAN LINDLEL
>RYAN LINDLEL
>RYAN LINDLEL
>RYAN LINDLEL
>RYAN LINDLEL
>RYAN LINDLEL
>RYAN LINDLEL
>RYAN LINDLEL
>RYAN LINDLEL
>RYAN LINDLEL
>RYAN LINDLEL

With that completely pointless and hilariously awful play as time expired, the Arizona Cardinals have set a new record for fewest yards gained in an NFL playoff game with 77, surpassing the mark of 86 set by the 1958 Cleveland Browns*. The result of that play? -20
In other words, if they had just surrendered and taken a knee, they would have ended with about 96 and only been second worst.
I… uh… this is all I have:

*By the way, that game was played in a fucking blizzard.

0.9999...=1 wrote:

I don't know what you're talking about- that was fucking fantastic!
Also, holy shit do NFL nerds update Wikipedia fast.

You best be joshin me bro. Today's games were boring, both the Steelers and Cardinals got manhandled and completely dominated in a non-blowout sense

It was like watching a Seahawks game

Kurt Warner's Ghost wrote:

You best be joshin me bro. Today's games were boring, both the Steelers and Cardinals got manhandled and completely dominated in a non-blowout sense

It was like watching a Seahawks game

Oh no, I wasn't disagreeing with that. But it was the Steelers on that end of it, thus extreme entertainment.

Speaking of which, here's The Thighmaster:

Alright Cowboy fans in this thread, I just need to know this for the sake of my own sanity- you are aware that the referees pretty much just handed you this one, right? The end of that game stunk so bad of Super Bowl XL that my father was practically having PTSD flashbacks.

0.9999...=1 wrote:

Alright Cowboy fans in this thread, I just need to know this for the sake of my own sanity- you are aware that the referees pretty much just handed you this one, right? The end of that game stunk so bad of Super Bowl XL that my father was practically having PTSD flashbacks.

BITCH, PLEASE! The refs were letting the Lions get away with murder all game long! How do you call running into the kicker when a defender's accidentally touches the punter and the punter FLOPS, but NOT call ROUGHING the kicker when the punter gets TACKLED while in mid-air? Now you want to be a little faggot over one questionable call that actually get Dallas' way? Get the fuck out of here!

Mangy Black Sheep wrote:

BITCH, PLEASE! The refs were letting the Lions get away with murder all game long! How do you call running into the kicker when a defender's accidentally touches the punter and the punter FLOPS, but NOT call ROUGHING the kicker when the punter gets TACKLED while in mid-air? Now you want to be a little faggot over one questionable call that actually get Dallas' way? Get the fuck out of here!

Temper, temper. Have fun with either the NFL changing the result or being literally raped by Green Bay.

Mangy Black Sheep wrote:

Sweet crispy Jesus dude, calm the fuck down! Did I direct any kind of personal attack at you? No, I made a comment about a fucking football game. So calling names like a middle school bully is completely unnecessary. Let's not turn this into a Youtube NFL argument.

Jimmy Lethal wrote:

Temper, temper. Have fun with either the NFL changing the result or being literally raped by Green Bay.

And you're not helping, Jimmy.

Last edited Jan 04, 2015 at 08:32PM EST

TripleA9000 wrote:

I wish the cowboys were good. I hate the feeling i get whenever i tell people i'm a cowboys fan. Its like a feeling of disappointment. But i've been a fan of the cowboys my whole life, and that's how its gonna be

well this sentiment has changed drastically, it feels good to be a cowboys fan right now.

Oh shut up guys. The Cowboys won, deal with it. I just want to see my childhood dream come true.

Last edited Jan 04, 2015 at 08:42PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!