>Retarded redzone playcalling
>Passing on 3rd and short
>Lack of communication
>Bad game management
>Useless defense
>Jason Garrett standing on the sideline looking clueless
>Romo gets blamed for everything

Yep, Garrettball is in full swing.

Just out of curiosity, are any of you Cowboys fans on here old enough to clearly remember their dynasty phase of the 90s? Or has it been just been constant disappointment for your entire lives? That condition is sort of a novel concept for me- the closest for me is the way I consider the SuperSonics success in the (relatively) distant past, but it's quite different in that I didn't even have a chance to begin caring about sports before they got stolen from us.

0.9999...=1 wrote:

Just out of curiosity, are any of you Cowboys fans on here old enough to clearly remember their dynasty phase of the 90s? Or has it been just been constant disappointment for your entire lives? That condition is sort of a novel concept for me- the closest for me is the way I consider the SuperSonics success in the (relatively) distant past, but it's quite different in that I didn't even have a chance to begin caring about sports before they got stolen from us.

"stolen" are you kidding me?
they left because nobody bothered to show up to their games

Kurt Warner's Ghost wrote:

"stolen" are you kidding me?
they left because nobody bothered to show up to their games

Fans never realize what they have until it leaves for Phoenix. Expos, Whalers, LA Raiders, it doesn't matter. It's painfully common.

0.9999...=1 wrote:

Stop making me feel old!

Mangy Black Sheep wrote:

Goodell's NFL: Personal foul, playing defense, 15 yard penalty, automatic first down!

As a Seahawk fan, trust me when I say that I understand the sentiment, but I didn't see much that was too questionable tonight. Lots of facemask, which has been illegal since before the Greatest Game Ever Played, and using the helmet as a weapon (intentionally or not), which I hope we can all agree is good to penalize.
In general, I think Ray Rice must've sucker-punched the players on both sides into amnesia, because they all woke up today thinking it was 1973.

More news from the world of college:

>JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA

That has to be one of the ugliest four-and-outs I've ever seen. After that shit, as much as I was rooting for them, I figured that Georgia deserved to loose.
But holyshit that spot on fourth down. I bet you it's been a while since that crew had to ask themselves "which part of the chain do we base our call on?"

Jersey Jimmy wrote:

More news from the world of college:

>JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA >JAWJA

I'm guessing you haven't heard of "Battle of the Baystate."

Sunday Results (as of 8:22 EST):

Buffalo Bills – 29 (2-0)
Miami Dolphins – 10 (1-1)

Carolina Panthers – 24 (2-0)
Detroit Lions – 7 (1-1)

Cincinnati Bengals – 24 (2-0)
Atlanta Falcons – 10 (1-1)

Cleveland Browns – 26 (1-1)
New Orleans Saints – 24 (0-2)

New England Patriots – 30 (1-1)
Minnesota Vikings – 7 (1-1)

Arizona Cardinals – 25 (2-0)
New York Giants – 14 (0-2)

Dallas Cowboys – 26 (1-1)
Tennessee Titans – 10 (1-1)

Washington Redskins – 41 (1-1)
Jacksonville Jaguars – 10 (0-2)

San Diego Chargers – 30 (1-1)
Seattle Seahawks – 21 (1-1)

St. Louis Rams – 19 (1-1)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers – 17 (0-2)

Denver Broncos – 24 (2-0)
Kansas City Chiefs – 17 (0-2)

Green Bay Packers – 31 (1-1)
New York Jets – 24 (1-1)
[Note: refball.]

Houston Texans – 30 (2-0)
Oakland Raiders – 14 (0-2)

PATS WIN AGAINST VIKINGS 30-7

Our record for this season is 1W 1L.

I still care about the Patriots, I grew up in Massachusetts and sports were the only thing that made me have friends. I don't care about spygate and I'm glad Hernandez is long gone.

Compared to last year, more of the hotshots have left and that had an impact on the team's performance. I understand that rookies can be more physically fit; however the downsides of new players will create problems too. I'm no strategist, I like watching football and any other sport but a lot of notable players within the league are notable because of talent and once that person is gone it can spell disaster. Who knows if the next guy is much better or will he fuck up everything?

Some of the fans are saying "WE'RE SUPERBOWL BOUND." But I wouldn't want to jinx our chances. We almost look like a "rebuilding" team because of the rookies but we still have a leadership within Tom Brady and Coach Belichick. Who knows when they'll retire? Who knows what the next generation of players will bring? Who knows if Gronk will be playing past week 3?

So let's review here:
NFL has gotten a whole new controversy about every eleven seconds.
Despite all the shit he's gotten away with, now all of a sudden it's time for Goodell to be on the hot seat.
The only teams that have gone 2-0 this year are the…
Carolina Panthers
Arizona Cardinals
Cincinnati Bengals
Buffalo Bills
Huston Texans
Denver Broncos
(Eagles pending)
Just in case you blacked out a moment ago, I'll point out that this list includes six teams, none of whom are the Green Bay Packers, New Orleans Saints (I believe that's enough extra emphasis), Seattle Seahawks, Santa Clara San Francisco 49ers, or New England Patriots. That's not even mentioning some of the individual match-ups, who came out victorious in them, and the lunacy created when applying the transitive property.

I think at this point ESPN should just go ahead and swap out MNF's normal intro with this:

We need a good corner, all we're just saying is that Wilfork made more interceptions than Sherman. This ain't enough we need talent and good communication, not some rookies from out of the blue! Just another day as a frustrated Patriots fan.

Last edited Oct 01, 2014 at 11:56PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!