Forums / Discussion / General

233,391 total conversations in 7,804 threads

+ New Thread

NFL 2014-15 Season General: Stop Calling It Handegg

Last posted Feb 19, 2015 at 10:31PM EST. Added Aug 07, 2014 at 04:35PM EDT
423 posts from 27 users

chowzburgerz wrote:

Katy Perry is going to do the Halftime Show. FML!

And to think that the Bruno Mars one was actually pretty damn good. The NLF giveth and the NFL taketh away.
Well, maybe if the Seahawks win back-to-back they'll let the 12th Man pick the band for #50. I say Heart.

Last edited Oct 10, 2014 at 01:51AM EDT

There's something else you should know about the halftime show…apparently, the band/artist must PAY the NFL a fee just to perform this year. A music agent for Metallica complained about this. Any music acts that are known to be anti-capitalist or have issues regarding policies of the NFL would immediately pass on the Halftime Show, possibly eliminating most of the good acts right off the bat.

TBH, I would prefer Foo Fighters, Muse, Linkin Park, Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers (a full set this time) or Pearl Jam to perform.

Daft Punkjet wrote:

There's something else you should know about the halftime show…apparently, the band/artist must PAY the NFL a fee just to perform this year. A music agent for Metallica complained about this. Any music acts that are known to be anti-capitalist or have issues regarding policies of the NFL would immediately pass on the Halftime Show, possibly eliminating most of the good acts right off the bat.

TBH, I would prefer Foo Fighters, Muse, Linkin Park, Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers (a full set this time) or Pearl Jam to perform.

So you're saying if they stop doing that, Metallica will perform?!

Jersey Jimmy wrote:

MADDEN CURSE CONFIRMED, SHERMAN SUCKS NOW

What is this, the Riff-Raff NFL thread all of a sudden?

But anyways, the Cowboys have simply got something incredible going. I remember watching the '13 Draft and seeing all of their fans in attendance boo when they drafted a center in the first round, plus a few of the analysts afterwards saying "you just don't do that". Well, I hope all those people are currently slapping themselves on the ass repeatedly. For once, the management seems to have known exactly what they were doing, and it shows with the incredible play of this O-line. (And compared to ours for large chunks of the RWE, including this game, they might as well be the fucking gods of Olympus.)

I refuse to panic about the state of the Hawks. Darrell Bevell is a case of GeniusJekyll and IdiotHyde, and today we saw all of the later. Probably partially as a result of the bizarre schedule of the last week, Russell Wilson played a "bad game", which like most in his career still reminds you how incredible he is even when handed a shit sandwich to make into a five-star meal. The three real members of the LOB are still great. Bobby Wagner is playing a DMVP-type season. They probably wouldn't have lost if not for a simply ludicrous catch. And even as unlucky as they could get last year, it's been far worse so far.

For fucks sake guys, the Bucs went up 21-0 on them. At home. This is the same team that would beat the greatest offense of all time 43-8 for their first Lombardi trophy. I think I can keep a bit calm for now.

Daft Punkjet wrote:

Patriots coming back again…I really don't want them back in the Super Bowl again.

Well, I want them back in the Super bowl.

Haters gonna hate.

Nobody's talking about the Patriots' win against the Bears? Well, silence from the haters is a good feeling. And I'm feeling confident about the game against the Broncos.

Last edited Oct 27, 2014 at 10:21PM EDT

Jersey Jimmy wrote:

Fucking exactly.
Wow you're so fucking right, I don't even know how fucking right you are, fuck. Holy fucking shit, goddamnit.

I'm going to laugh so hard if the Cowboys finish 8-8 after that record they had. It'll be almost as funny as the Sharks choking away that 3-0 series lead last year in the NHL playoffs.

Early SB prediction: Steelers vs. Cardinals

Harrison int "steels" the game from the Cards.

Pit wins 17-10

Cardinals fans experience déjà vu and cry, I will be among those affected. U of Phoenix stadium is flooded and some fans literally drown in their sorrow.

Last edited Nov 03, 2014 at 05:37PM EST

Kurt Warner's Ghost wrote:

as dire as the Cowboys' situation is, they're probably still a lock to win the division thanks to the competition being Eli "interception" Manning, Mark "buttfumble" Sanchez, and Colt "Cleveland reject" McCoy

Sanchez being bad was more because he was on the >Jest. Remember he went to two AFC Championship Games.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!