Last posted Feb 19, 2015 at 10:31PM EST. Added Aug 07, 2014 at 04:35PM EDT
423 posts from 27 users

Kurt Warner's Ghost wrote:

SO HOW'S KAEPERNICK WORKIN OUT FOR YA HUH

OH SHHHHHH KEEP QUIET

CAN YOU HEAR IT?

THAT'S THE SOUND OF THE FORTY-WHINERS' WINDOW SLAMMING SHUT

HOPE YOU ENJOYED THAT SUPER BOWL LOSS TO JOE FUCKING FLACCO

oh man today was so much fun, if only the lakers would win today so it'll be complete

San Francisco is no longer a dumpster fire.
It's a dumpster factory fire.
Caused by an atom bomb.

>the Broncos now have an efficient run game
panic.jpg

oh and also the Rams have won their previous two games with a combined score of 76-0

what the fuck

Did you notice the guys they sent out to do the coin flip against the Redskins were the six players they got from the RGIII trade? Rams officially confirmed for le ruse masters.

I told people the Bills were gonna be good. People said to me, and I quote,

Uhh, Jimmy, have you been huffing the embalming fluid?

NOPE, CAUGHT MYSELF A XATU TO SEE THE FUTURE.

(Oh, and Manziel sucked. There's that too.)

>send Kansass Shitty into downward spiral; probably won't make playoffs
>down San Fagcisco and send them crushed and demoralized to Seattle
>straight up eliminate the Buffalel Bilce from playoff contention
3-13 never felt so good

Kinda like how I feel buttwrecking the Giggles's playoff dreams.

>Hauschka

Sure, he seemed off. But then again, all three kicks were long ones. And he was 5/5 on extra poi… HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAHA

I almost feel bad. I rooted big time for the Cardinals against Shitsburg in that Super Bowl, and as a franshise they've really had just all the bad luck imaginable.
However… man do I love this fucking team. Before Carroll, Wilson, Lynch, Sherman, Thomas and all the rest showed up, we basically had it just as bad as them. (Maybe a bit better.) Finally, it's our time!
I think they'll be fantastic next year. If they do pull it off then (or even this year- totally possible) I won't feel bad in the slightest.

JIMMY'S OH-FISH-AL PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS

NFC:

Wild Card: Cardinals over Panthers, Packers over Cowboys
Divisional: Lions over Cardinals, Seahawks over Packers
Championship: Lions over Seahawks

AFC:
Wild Card: Chargers over Colts, Bengals over Steelers
Divisional: Chargers over Patriots (GET ANGRY), Broncos over Bengals
Championship: Chargers over Broncos (Remember, we've seen this is possible. Also, the Chargers look like they're finally falling into place.)

SUPER BOWL XLIX: LIONS OVER CHARGERS

Jersey Jimmy wrote:

JIMMY'S OH-FISH-AL PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS

NFC:

Wild Card: Cardinals over Panthers, Packers over Cowboys
Divisional: Lions over Cardinals, Seahawks over Packers
Championship: Lions over Seahawks

AFC:
Wild Card: Chargers over Colts, Bengals over Steelers
Divisional: Chargers over Patriots (GET ANGRY), Broncos over Bengals
Championship: Chargers over Broncos (Remember, we've seen this is possible. Also, the Chargers look like they're finally falling into place.)

SUPER BOWL XLIX: LIONS OVER CHARGERS

so much wrong in this post I don't even know where to begin

NFC:
1 Seattle
2 Green Bay
3 Dallas over 6 Detroit
4 Atlanta over 5 Arizona

3 Dallas over 2 Green Bay
1 Seattle over 4 Atlanta

3 Dallas over 1 Seattle

AFC:
1 New England
2 Denver
3 Pittsburgh over 6 Baltimore
5 San Diego over 4 Indianapolis

1 New England over 5 San Diego
3 Pittsburgh over 2 Denver

3 Pittsburgh over 1 New England

Super Bowl:
Pittsburgh over Dallas

so much wrong in this post I don't even know where to begin

NFC:
1 Seattle
2 Green Bay
3 Dallas over 6 Detroit
4 Atlanta over 5 Arizona

3 Dallas over 2 Green Bay
1 Seattle over 4 Atlanta

3 Dallas over 1 Seattle

AFC:
1 New England
2 Denver
3 Pittsburgh over 6 Baltimore
5 San Diego over 4 Indianapolis

1 New England over 5 San Diego
3 Pittsburgh over 2 Denver

3 Pittsburgh over 1 New England

Super Bowl:
Pittsburgh over Dallas

uhhhh…

replace Baltimore with Cincinnati

NFL Playoff Scenarios:

AFC #1 Seed – Patriots clinched it.
AFC #2 Seed – Broncos with a win or a Bengals loss or tie.
AFC #3 Seed – Whoever wins between the Bengals and Steelers will win the AFC North and will at least get the #3 Seed. If the Broncos lose, then whoever wins the AFC North will get the #2 Seed.
AFC #4 Seed – The Colts are pretty much the #4 Seed and can only move up to the #3 Seed if the Colts win and the Bengals and Steelers tie.
AFC Wild Card – Whoever loses the AFC North Title Game will get the #5 Seed. The Chargers will get the #6 Seed if they win or the Ravens lose. Both the Texans and the Chiefs are still in, but both those teams would have to win and have all the other teams that are in the hunt to lose.

NFC #1 Seed – The Seahawks just need to win and make sure the Cowboys lose in order to clinch the #1 Seed and the NFC West title. The Cowboys can clinch the #1 Seed with a win, a tie between the Packers and the Lions, and a Seahawks win. A Seahawks loss would be required for the winner of the Packers and the Lions game to get the #1 Seed.
NFC #2 Seed – The Cowboys need both the Cardinals and the Seahawks to lose no matter what happens to the Cowboys in their game against the Redskins. If the Seahawks win, the winner of the Packers and the Lions game will get the #2 Seed.
NFC #3 Seed – If the Seahawks win, then the Cowboys will have to settle for a #3 Seed. If either the Seahawks or the Cardinals and the Cowboys win, then the winner of the Packers and the Lions game will take the #3 Seed.
NFC #4 Seed – The winner of the NFC South Title Game between the Panthers and the Falcons will clinch the #4 Seed as well as the NFC South but can go no higher or lower than the #4 Seed. The loser of that game will be eliminated.
NFC Wild Card – If the Seahawks win, then the Cardinals will have to settle for a Wild Card. If the Cardinals win after a Seahawks win, they will get the #5 Seed, but if they lose, they will get the #6 Seed. The loser of the Packers and the Lions game will get the #6 Seed unless both the Cardinals and the Seahawks lose, and in that case, they will go up to the #5 Seed.

Last edited Dec 26, 2014 at 04:03PM EST

xTSGx wrote:

chowzburgerz said:

A Seahawks loss would be required for the winner of the Packers and the Lions game to get the #1 Seed.

Go Rams!

Hey, they've done it once…

Also, watch Conner Shaw come out and play like a cross between Tom Brady and Dan Marino.

>onside kick in the second quarter while up by 20

I hope Detroit's defense rapes you.

RELATED: I'd say Detroit is gonna be my playoff team. What about the rest of you non-playoff scrubs?

Last edited Dec 28, 2014 at 06:45PM EST

0.9999...=1 wrote:

How so?

Remember the fist bump in the Denver-Buffalo game? The NFL is too afraid of teams that are noted losers to have a good year, so they fuck them over and have the same teams win every year. This is why I can't stand the Packers, Patriots, etc.

Jersey Jimmy wrote:

Remember the fist bump in the Denver-Buffalo game? The NFL is too afraid of teams that are noted losers to have a good year, so they fuck them over and have the same teams win every year. This is why I can't stand the Packers, Patriots, etc.

So, so many things wrong here.
1. Maybe it's just that those teams have been lucky enough to grab fantastic coaches, quarterbacks and so on?
2. How could it possibly be good for the NFL to have the same teams win every year? That's just fucking boring for the fans of football at large.
3. May I remind you that the Seahawks just won their first ever Super Bowl, and the Saints four years before that? Those are two franchises with some of the longest and worst periods of pure embarrassment in the history of the league. So either the refs are doing a shit job, or…
4. I found the video of that fist bump, and here's what I think happened: the Denver RB dived in to the goal line, and it was very tough to tell if he got in or not, especially live. The goal line judge ran in and dug into the pile to find the football, did so, and signaled touchdown at the exact same time that the other guy behind him did. So the bump was actually an expression of "alright, we got this!" In my opinion, that's much more likely than a random display of pure bias that's never been seen before.
I know you're just frustrated and speaking your mind, but come on dude, seriously.

NFL Playoffs Schedule:

NFC Wild Card Weekend:

6. Detroit Lions @ 3. Dallas Cowboys on Sunday January 4th
5. Arizona Cardinals @ 4. Carolina Panthers on Saturday January 3rd

AFC Wild Card Weekend

6. Baltimore Ravens @ 3. Pittsburgh Steelers on Saturday January 3rd
5. Cincinnati Bengals @ 4. Indianapolis Colts on Sunday January 4th

0.9999...=1 wrote:

So, so many things wrong here.
1. Maybe it's just that those teams have been lucky enough to grab fantastic coaches, quarterbacks and so on?
2. How could it possibly be good for the NFL to have the same teams win every year? That's just fucking boring for the fans of football at large.
3. May I remind you that the Seahawks just won their first ever Super Bowl, and the Saints four years before that? Those are two franchises with some of the longest and worst periods of pure embarrassment in the history of the league. So either the refs are doing a shit job, or…
4. I found the video of that fist bump, and here's what I think happened: the Denver RB dived in to the goal line, and it was very tough to tell if he got in or not, especially live. The goal line judge ran in and dug into the pile to find the football, did so, and signaled touchdown at the exact same time that the other guy behind him did. So the bump was actually an expression of "alright, we got this!" In my opinion, that's much more likely than a random display of pure bias that's never been seen before.
I know you're just frustrated and speaking your mind, but come on dude, seriously.

People love stability, that's why the European soccer leagues are some of the most followed leagues on Earth when it's always the same 2-3 teams winning every year, boring, predictable but, more importantly, easy to follow for the casual viewer

And where the casuals go, the money goes

Just to hammer my point home, the Steelers win.

WILD CARD PREDICTIONS:

Detroit 27, Dallas 10 – The Cowboys are road warriors. I don't see this ending well for them.

Arizona 17, Carolina 23 – If Stanton's back, 31-23 Cards. If not, I see Carolina winning.

Baltimore 30, Pittsburgh 20 – I can't trust Pittsburgh with Bell injured.

Cincinnati 35, Indianapolis 14 – Whoopee, the Colts beat Tennessee. Yeah, it might as well've been the Volunteers; you were still royally buttfucked by Dallas. The Cincy secondary has flashbacks to the Denver game and has a field day with Luck.

Last edited Dec 29, 2014 at 12:01AM EST

People love stability, that's why the European soccer leagues are some of the most followed leagues on Earth when it's always the same 2-3 teams winning every year, boring, predictable but, more importantly, easy to follow for the casual viewer

And where the casuals go, the money goes

I totally disagree- where did you even get that idea? It seems to me that the plain and simple reason that European leagues would get the most attention is that they're… well… European.
In my opinion, people love excitement way more than they love instability. But of course, what NFL fans love most of all is for their team to win. And that is why the NFL and something like the Premier League aren't very comparable here. You see, in any sports league like these most of the people who actively (and often passionately) root for a team were born/raised/live in the region where that league operates, i.e the United States/Great Britain. But soccer is a global sport, and therefore gets tons of global attention, and presumably global money. And all that attention/money comes from people who have a choice on who to (semi-)root for, or the choice to not root at all. So in that case, yes, you could argue that it would be the prerogative of those leagues to somewhat maintain the status quo.
American football, however, is almost the exact opposite. People outside of the English-speaking world giving two shits is an extreme rarity, and in the English-speaking world besides the US a relative rarity. And even in the latter case, for example in England, it's mostly just various communities of people who happened to fall in love with a specific NFL team during their younger years. (Source: this British dude who writes for Field Gulls.) So stability really doesn't come into play at all.
Finally, I recommend that you look into the Australian Football League a little bit, one because the sport itself kinda kicks ass, and two as another example of what I'm talking about considering it's almost a perfect copy of how the NFL is.

Predictions:

Cowboys>Lions
Cardinals>Panthers
Ravens>Steelers
Bengals>Colts
Seahawks>Cardinals
Cowboys>Packers
Patriots>Ravens
Broncos>Bengals
Cowboys>Seahawks
Broncos>Patriots
Cowboys>Broncos

A guy like me can dream of a Cowboys Super Bowl victory, right?

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!