Forums / Media / Video Games

38,673 total conversations in 2,706 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
Undertale General

Last posted Jun 22, 2016 at 06:50PM EDT. Added Oct 02, 2015 at 05:25AM EDT
374 posts from 79 users

Basilius wrote:

I think you just need an empty space in your inventory and go talk to her.

Thanks for that, got through the spooky lab area and finished the true ending….

God that is one unbearably sickeningly happy ending.

Who’s your favorite character : Cant choose bewteen them, so both skelebros
What do you think about the story : I'm a sucker for 4th wall breaking serious plots, and earthbound like humor, so yeah, fuckin' love it
What do ya think of the music : Tobyfox ? Tobyfox.
TEMMIE : Bob.
What plans do you think the dev of this game has : Not a clue, but since there's a lot of unused content…

Who’s your favorite character : Sans, though Toriel is a close second.
What do you think about the story : The story itself is solid, but the way it incorporates all those meta elements is what makes it special.
What do ya think of the music : It's current what gets me through my drive to work everyday.
TEMMIE : get money
What plans do you think the dev of this game has : No idea. I have a feeling that Toby will be doing a damn good job keeping it under wraps until he makes a move.

Nate χ (Blade of Dawn) wrote:

SANS? ARE YOU ENCOURAGING VULNERABLE CHILDREN TO GIVE IN TO DEMONIC IMAGES? I HATE IT WHEN HE DOES THAT!

(Also, ironic that they're saying that Sans (who judges you of your sins and kicks your ass if you're irredeemably evil) is satanic.)

That''s the thing though. They're not bothering to actually looking into the character itself.

Yo, any interest for the fandubs of certain Undertale comics?
Example:

(Best one I can recommend is paper-mario-wiki.).

TvTropesRuinedMyLife wrote:

Hey guys, somebody made a Doom mod where you can play as sans. It's not perfect nor accurate, but it's pretty fun to play, especially on harder maps.

Are there any gameplay videos of the mod yet? I'd love to see it in action but I don't have any experience with installing mods.

Undertale was the greatest gaming experience I've had in a long time. I can't name a singme game that's made me feel every emotion so vividly. Played it via Steam share and I'll probably buy it myself just to support Toby.

Also does anyone here know anything more about that Gaster fellow? The stuff on YouTube and the wikia don't seem like much and I doubt that's all there is.

Asgore best theme
Asgore x Toriel best ship

TillsterRulz wrote:

Undertale was the greatest gaming experience I've had in a long time. I can't name a singme game that's made me feel every emotion so vividly. Played it via Steam share and I'll probably buy it myself just to support Toby.

Also does anyone here know anything more about that Gaster fellow? The stuff on YouTube and the wikia don't seem like much and I doubt that's all there is.

Asgore best theme

It is rude to gossip about someone who is listening you know.

TillsterRulz wrote:

Asgore best theme

I like the theory that, because W.D. Gastor is an amalgamation of the fonts Wingding and Astor, that his fate was being an unwilling experiment in the True Lab. Because his name consists of fonts, he is probably Papyrus and Sans's dad.

Wait, random question.

Is Alphys supposed to be standing like Yoshi or just really bent over?

Last edited Nov 09, 2015 at 12:37PM EST

Nate χ (Blade of Dawn) wrote:

SANS? ARE YOU ENCOURAGING VULNERABLE CHILDREN TO GIVE IN TO DEMONIC IMAGES? I HATE IT WHEN HE DOES THAT!

(Also, ironic that they're saying that Sans (who judges you of your sins and kicks your ass if you're irredeemably evil) is satanic.)

Sans got onto TV before Mettaton.

I'm so disappointed in humanity right now.

Somari the Adventurer wrote:

Wait, random question.

Is Alphys supposed to be standing like Yoshi or just really bent over?

I always saw her as hunched over, but that it's her normal posture since she's a dinosaur-like monster.

Monster posture: serious business.

Aw man, I haven't played such a good game in years. I like the "simple" gameplay and boy, the characters are absolutely lovable. I'm a sucker for games that questions problems no one asked, but for Undertale sadly, still loses to my very favorite video game in terms of the morals it teach: Spec Ops: The Line.
That game wipes your face with guilt and dogshit for you merely picking up the game, asking if heroes are really the center of a story, also if they're even righteous. And it's even better when it never broke the 4th wall.

And hold up. Undertale breaking its 4th wall is good because of its humor (and boy what a laugh I had), but to decide which game made me sit in a corner thinking what a horrid player am I, Undertale made me think an entire day.
But Spec Ops made me stop playing anything with heroes and villians for a month.

Still, gg. Best Game 2015 and I'm not kidding. And the fanbase is wonderful. And I love you guys.

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

I believe nearly all of the KYM users that like Undertale are ashamed that it borrows so much from Homestuck.

I think I know why people like Undertale.

Undertale has richness to it. It feels real. There is just so many moments and images that resonate all our collective memories. There's just too many to list. Moments we remember because we're emotionally invested in what's happening.

No one will remember the part with the drone mission in Model of Honor: Warfighter. Or, um…that part when…um…let's see, um…uh, th-th-the part when, no, no…l-lemme think…the part when…the part when you blew up a thing? Do you remember that? I forgot about it already.

But really, at its core, Undertale is about the people, a vast array of characters, situations, and relationships. And most importantly we liked those people. I don't like any of those people in Medal of Honor: Warfighter.

And in the end, all the computers in the world can't generate the most basic thing that a story-based game needs: an emotional connection with the audience.

Did a quick search through all three pages, did not find anyone having posted this. Apologies if repost.

Anyway, what do you get when you take Undertale (The song, specifically) and add Dragonforce lyrics over the top? A song with surprisingly relevant lyrics.

So I've been watching and helping Twitch Plays Undertale. Just today, like an hour ago, they got to sans. We have yet to make it past the third attack. We've lost to him 18 times. We've eaten the noodles twice and dropped it once. We seriously need help. Oh here we go again
Anyways, it's a fun mess, I suggest you join before they beat genocide (if ever).

Mom Rivers wrote:

So I've been watching and helping Twitch Plays Undertale. Just today, like an hour ago, they got to sans. We have yet to make it past the third attack. We've lost to him 18 times. We've eaten the noodles twice and dropped it once. We seriously need help. Oh here we go again
Anyways, it's a fun mess, I suggest you join before they beat genocide (if ever).

Wait, that's an actual thing?
I thought it was a joke

Yeah it's real, why don't you click on it now and watch the hilariously buggy democracy? It's such a mess but it's rather cool. It's either 20 or 30 second delay with about half a second for each input. We actually dodged the first part of sans attack (when he throws you onto the ground)

Last edited Nov 22, 2015 at 06:42PM EST

Smiley Dog wrote:

I just popped in to say Asgore best song (followed by Spider Dance) and wonderful bishi leg robo man is best character
Byoutiful

Not going for "Battle against a True Hero" or "Megalovania…
Seriously?
"420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MlowLHcASk8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

I feel like this should be the theme song of the genocide run

Also, am I the only one who thinks there is more to Chara than just 'Full blown psychopath/Manifestation of evil'? After having so many 'enemies' in the game who do bad things but for a justifiable reason, having one that is evil for the sake of being evil just feels like a cheap shot.

Last edited Nov 28, 2015 at 07:26AM EST

Bitter Brit wrote:

I feel like this should be the theme song of the genocide run

Also, am I the only one who thinks there is more to Chara than just 'Full blown psychopath/Manifestation of evil'? After having so many 'enemies' in the game who do bad things but for a justifiable reason, having one that is evil for the sake of being evil just feels like a cheap shot.

The theme that plays in my head when in the Judgement Hall

Yo! You must login or signup first!