Forums / Fun! / Memeory Lane

63,534 total conversations in 189 threads

Locked Locked
[Moving Images] KYM Pony General

Last posted Oct 06, 2011 at 09:42PM EDT. Added Feb 11, 2011 at 03:26PM EST
9959 posts from 189 users

Ideological the Vinyl Scratch wrote:

Yes but evil doesn't d'awwww.

Well that was a sucker punch of d’awwww. ._.
see's the Applebloom and Scootaloo pictures
Well, I'm dead now.

Last edited Oct 06, 2011 at 04:14PM EDT

Chris wrote:

IMO, a second thread is unnecessary. This one seems to be serving the purpose it needs to be.

Carry on, bronies.

We need a 2nd thread because the pure number of page links is pushing everything else down.

Look at all the damn buttons from 1-196 or so. This thread is locked at 200, falls down and new one wont push everything down.

Thats why I created that 2nd thread. Cause this one is getting too massive.
---

Quotes from: Drpepperfan #1 Osaka and Trixie Fan. (Check previous page)

"BTW, I am planning on getting this thread locked when it reaches 200 pages. A sequel thread will be created and linked to on the last page of the thread, so everyone should get ready to change their bookmarks sometime tomorrow or whenever it reaches that magical number."
----
"The difference is this: 1. Fridge Logic chose a completely random time to do it, and gave little to no indication that he was making it beforehand. 200 is a nice round number to stop i think. And as for why? 2. The size of the pony thread is becoming too large compared to the others imo. Click on the general forums section. Notice the size of the pony thread pages compared to the rest. If we don’t account for breaks every now and then, the thread will become massive, drowning out most other threads. In summary: I believe every 200 pages, we should start a new thread to stop the current one getting too large."
----
"Exactly. The MSPA forums for example do this frequently. It’s a fairly common technique on forums of keeping space taken up my threads to a minimum."

Last edited Oct 06, 2011 at 04:28PM EDT

Chris wrote:

Oh, gotcha, now I see what DPF is getting at with it pushing down other pages.

Back to DPF's plan on locking at 200 with a new thread to follow.

Okay then, disregard what I said, especially since I deleted that post. Still, it'd be best if a mod made the thread, explained why the thread is there, etc so a shitstorm doesn't start up.

But that's only once this thread reaches 200 pages, until then, let's not jump the gun.

I figure in the new Pony thread, just quote what DPF said, like I did in my earlier post on this page. It pretty much explains why the 2nd thread is there.

Last edited Oct 06, 2011 at 04:33PM EDT

Just don't jump the gun people. A second thread before the first one is locked only creates confusion.

Let one of the mods make the thread once this one is locked.

Actually https://gotfunnypictures.com/forums/general/topics/11598-kym-pony-general-2#.To4Qud6yDmL being locked till we need it makes a lot of sense.

Let it stay locked till we hit 200 here.

However, It would be nice if a mod edited in the long post I made earlier on this page. The one with the quotes from DPF

omgitsmr wrote:

Actually https://gotfunnypictures.com/forums/general/topics/11598-kym-pony-general-2#.To4Qud6yDmL being locked till we need it makes a lot of sense.

Let it stay locked till we hit 200 here.

However, It would be nice if a mod edited in the long post I made earlier on this page. The one with the quotes from DPF

If you make it, it will seem like a bad idea and a reason to gain fame/prestige. Letting a mod create it with solid reasons from the first post on can avoid a lot of hate.

So IMO, it would be best to just leave yours locked.

South Park can be a bit cruel towards what it's making fun of. I really don't like that show.

Heh they only see people like me as cynical assholes to be honest that stereotype is better then almost all bad ones IMO. Also it is false because I like MLP:FiM. Not only that but people NOW think I'm mostly a drunk. So this episode when it comes to make fun of people is not really at all bad.

Last edited Oct 06, 2011 at 04:51PM EDT

omgitsmr wrote:

Okay, okay. Ill go back to avoiding negative Karma and go back to drawing Ponies.

Sorry.

No problem.

It was a good idea, you just didn't think it out. Happens to all of us.

Ric Te$l@ wrote:

Heh they only see people like me as cynical assholes to be honest that stereotype is better then almost all bad ones IMO. Also it is false because I like MLP:FiM. Not only that but people NOW think I'm mostly a drunk. So this episode when it comes to make fun of people is not really at all bad.

South Park also tends to push the envelope sometimes. Even more so than Family Guy.

South Park also tends to push the envelope sometimes. Even more so than Family Guy.

I don't know, sometimes Family Guy can really push the boundaries. Let's just say that after the "Not all Dogs go to Heaven" episode, I just kinda quit watching.

omgitsmr wrote:

Okay, okay. Ill go back to avoiding negative Karma and go back to drawing Ponies.

Sorry.

It's like KYM Pony Discussion all over again…

I still don't want to make any kind of Just for Fun thread after that…Don't stress it too much though.

"Push the envelope?"

Ha.

Last edited Oct 06, 2011 at 04:58PM EDT

Karnage wrote:

"Push the envelope?"

Ha.

Hmmmm, Daniel Tosh. This is when it gets tricky. Yes, he also pushes the envelope but Family Guy and South Park are a little more violent than Tosh. Tosh only focuses and gross and racy things. Either way, I'm dreading the moment that MLP is referred to on all three shows.

Last edited Oct 06, 2011 at 05:05PM EDT

Verbose wrote:

It's like KYM Pony Discussion all over again…

I still don't want to make any kind of Just for Fun thread after that…Don't stress it too much though.

Let me guess, when this thread was originally started, a lot of crap happened? I'm just kinda hazarding a guess since I wasn't here when the original thread was started.

Hmmmm, Daniel Tosh. This is when it gets tricky. Yes, he also pushes the envelope but Family Guy and South Park are a little more violent than Tosh. Tosh only focuses and gross and racy things. Either way, I'm dreading the moment that MLP is referred to on all three shows.

Well, South Park is probably going to have a episode where MLP FIM is popular around the school, and Cartman get's pissed off because he doesn't get why people love it, and goes to war against bronies.
Family Guy is probably going to have Lois remembering "that wierd lesbian experience" and showing her in bed with Dash ._.
and it's probably going to get a Web Redemption on Tosh.0

Last edited Oct 06, 2011 at 05:09PM EDT

Karnage wrote:

Well, South Park is probably going to have a episode where MLP FIM is popular around the school, and Cartman get's pissed off because he doesn't get why people love it, and goes to war against bronies.
Family Guy is probably going to have Lois remembering "that wierd lesbian experience" and showing her in bed with Dash ._.

Dont give them Ideas. I dont want that stuff happening! O.o

Everyone, I just feel I should say something.
This show is quite possibly the best thing to have happened to my life in the past few years.
The show itself is amazing, the community is extremely polite and welcoming, and I'm still amazed at the effect that something revolving around brightly colored magical ponies can have on people's lives.
So thank you. Thank you, Lauren Faust and Studio B, for making such a fantastic show.
So thank you, brony community, for making me feel welcomed and happy amongst a fandom, something I never thought could ever be accomplished.
And Hell, thank you 4chan, and specifically /co/. For once, that site did something right.
Thank you.

Karnage wrote:

As long as there's nothing negative about it on Tosh.0, I'd watch it. However, I might have to keep avoiding South Park and Family Guy when they feature MLP. Was bad enough when MAD parodied it.

Ashki wrote:

Let me guess, when this thread was originally started, a lot of crap happened? I'm just kinda hazarding a guess since I wasn't here when the original thread was started.

Nope, this thread started normally. The site didn't contain as many bronies then as it does now and several flame wars we had were still to come back then.

Long story short, there wasn't as much hate towards bronies as now back then.

Last edited Oct 06, 2011 at 05:11PM EDT

Cite wrote:

This show is quite possibly the best thing to have happened to my life in the past few years.
The show itself is amazing, the community is extremely polite and welcoming, and I'm still amazed at the effect that something revolving around brightly colored magical ponies can have on people's lives.
So thank you. Thank you, Lauren Faust and Studio B, for making such a fantastic show.
So thank you, brony community, for making me feel welcomed and happy amongst a fandom, something I never thought could ever be accomplished.
And Hell, thank you 4chan, and specifically /co/. For once, that site did something right.
Thank you.

You're quite welcome.

Also, I very much agree with you.

Karnage wrote:

Who knows Tosh.0 might become a brony :D

Karnage wrote:

Yeah, Cartman fits the perfect troll role, and as for when the new thread does get put up, guess all we can do is fire up the anti-Parasprite bubble, IE ignore them and hope for the best.

Cite wrote:

Thank you.

Ashki wrote:

Not so much in this thread but other threads were made like "pony haters" or "I hate ponies". they were started mainly by Troll King. I had fun in them. That's were I created stuff like this

And this

Cite wrote:

Thank you.

I salute you.

Cite wrote:

Thank you.

Cite wrote:

Thank you.

I agree on pretty much everything you just wrote. Thank you.

Cite wrote:

Thank you.

THANK YOU!

Ashki wrote:

Ah, okay. Yeah, as I said, I was not around back then, so I have no idea.

Me neither. But I started posting here around page 50 (can't tell), my account was older however. Digged through the first pages multiple times, contained not so much hate.

RandomMan wrote:

Me neither. But I started posting here around page 50 (can't tell), my account was older however. Digged through the first pages multiple times, contained not so much hate.

Well, something went wrong if one of the other users is afraid to post a Just for Fun thread about the ponies.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!