Forums / Fun! / Memeory Lane

63,534 total conversations in 189 threads

Locked Locked
[Announcements] KYMpalooza Tagging Festival

Last posted Jun 23, 2016 at 08:20PM EDT. Added May 31, 2016 at 01:25PM EDT
211 posts from 73 users

Just a note to whoever is tracking the number of tags added. I'm away for the next three days so I won't be able to add any more tags during this event from Friday onward.

Last edited Jun 09, 2016 at 06:48PM EDT

I wasn't granted Scrapbooker permissions.

I should've check this before, but my family were busy doing proper errands. Is it too late now?
If it isn't, I might just as well spend 6 hours catching up. No joke.

Is it too late now?

I've pm'd Don about it. If you spend some time tagging, you'll still get the badge – the requirement for the badge is very low. Just do something and you'll get it.

Time for the day 3 update. This includes your edits on 6/6-8 (EST as always).

Top 5

• Asdfghjkl
  • ShiJo
  • Doeoeod
  • Inferno
  • Armesi

6-10

• Space Cowboy
  • Glacier
  • Darkhanov
  • Lopunny
  • Arcanine

11-15

• Bullets
  • Dr.(Nii-Nii~)
  • Kotor
  • A-Train
  • ProfessorRivers

Just over 1/4th of all the people who signed up have done nothing for the contest.

Slightly more have tagged roughly 100 times or more.

Given how the leaderboards are coming out, I actually won't have the opportunity to know who needs to be dropped out. Thus, don't worry about being removed from my leaderboard if you're busy. The last one will likely be when or near when the contest is over.

I have a request:

This image
Potential Tags: table, toe, stub, table leg

EDIT:
This image as well
Potential Tags: discord, mane 6, twilight sparkle, applejack, rainbow dash, pinkie pie, rarity, fluttershy, derpy hooves, spike, bad day, choose

Last edited Jun 11, 2016 at 11:23PM EDT

Mangy Black Sheep wrote:

Request:

Possible Tags: Honestly, just look at the image. There are loads of tags that can be added.

>Image is missing tags
>Image is actually tagged "honestly just look at the image"
You think you're real funny, eh ShiJo?
Image is missing the following tags: Tay Zonday, chocolate rain, numa numa, joseph ducreux, archaic rap, vegeta, epic smiley/epic face, goatse, lolwut, will smith, fresh prince of bel-air, star-wars kid, never gonna give you up, rickroll, rick astley, anonymous

If anyone could identify the lemon, the second-from-the-left image on the top row (the black and white ones), as well as the third-from-the-left image of the bottom row, it'd be appreciated.

Stop cutting corners

The contest is over! Thank you all for joining and participating. The final, official leaderboard will be out in a few days at latest, and the rewards will be handed out ASAP after it's made.

In total, there were 13,407 image edits in the past week. The vast majority (like, 98%) is tagging. That is amazing. I personally plan to do an analysis of the image gallery to learn how many untagged images we have left. However much we have left, I know that this week we have put a serious dent in it.

Thank you all so much for participating!

So those who got the editor privilege lose it now? I could tag stuff from time to time. just that finals are looming above my head, and I get paralysed just by thinking about doing this stuff..

Last edited Jun 13, 2016 at 12:07PM EDT

I suppose I'm about a week late, I hadn't realized this was an issue so many users were facing. To all those who were having troubles with image editing powers, or want to know if they had/retained the powers, you can use one of two really obvious notifications:
On any image (or video, if you have scrapbooker powers), the top of your page should have a small addition that looks something like this:

On the main page there is also the "admin area" section, which is really just a fancy way of saying it's the untagged images gallery (and the entire reason for this contest). It looks like this:

(Please stop asking why one button is centred and the other isn't.)

Very, very outdated browsers may not display these properly (specifically older Safari versions, Internet Explorer, and rarely Firefox developer edition if you've done something terribly wrong). If you're on a mobile client, it's really hit or miss as to if you can actually access these, but iOS and Android tend to be okay. If your permissions have been changed, such as recently uploading 100 images and acquiring scrapbooker status, it may take a while for the site to register this change; be patient.

Oh, and if I've referred you to this post from the distant future, where my puushes have all decayed, PM me or one of the sexy media mods to help you.

Mom Rivers wrote:

The contest is over! Thank you all for joining and participating. The final, official leaderboard will be out in a few days at latest, and the rewards will be handed out ASAP after it's made.

In total, there were 13,407 image edits in the past week. The vast majority (like, 98%) is tagging. That is amazing. I personally plan to do an analysis of the image gallery to learn how many untagged images we have left. However much we have left, I know that this week we have put a serious dent in it.

Thank you all so much for participating!

Glad to be of service.

Pippeli wrote:

How long till we get our rewards?

Unfortunately, we aren't entirely sure. Last time I checked, Muffinlicious (who is running a bot that is nearly essential to the contest) got IP banned due to too many requests. He has not yet been un-banned as of last night. He gave me two or so days until he finished running the bot.

Sorry for the delay – we are attempting to finish it as fast as reasonably possible, and once we do it should be no more than a business day (since Don doesn't work on weekends typically) to get your rewards.

Dr. Bots wrote:

Don't know what anime this is from but it needs tags

Images that need tags can now be reported in the Image Cleaning Thread.

Also, an update on the contest results: I've counted about 6,000 out of 9,000 images (I'm only counting user edits), and I've been doing about 1,000 images per day. Sorry this is taking so long, but you guys tagged a shit ton of images, more than I was expecting.
It'll be worth it tho I promise ;)

more than I was expecting

For the record, I made an estimate on the first day and it was nearly completely accurate. /rivers/ was right again :D It was 12,500 edits. There were over 13,000, as previously stated. That was a conservative estimate.

Last edited Jun 18, 2016 at 02:17AM EDT

superjumpman wrote:

I wish i could view on my profile how many images i have tagged so far.

In total you're at 772 image edits. For the number of contest-eligible edits you made, we'll have to wait for polling to complete.
In the future, ask a media moderator or hop into the IRC and give them a link to your profile. Preferably the second option, but our PM system needs it's daily exercise.

As for viewing your own edits, you may need to ask someone qualified about it.

Last edited Jun 19, 2016 at 04:20PM EDT

After 7 days, 14,000 individual downloaded pages, 200 MB taken on my computer, and 3 accidental IP bans (sorry Don, James), the wait is finally over!
Since it’s midnight and I’m too tired to make a spreadsheet, I will be listing the top 26 (it was close) contestants with their respective statistics, in order by the total amount of tags they added. There will be four tiers of badges handed out (Diamond, Gold, Silver, and Bronze) based on each user’s ranking in the contest. All participating users will get a Bronze badge by default, and Diamond badge winners will also get a shiny new custom title to forever display their dedication.
Here are the badges (Bronze, Diamond, Gold, Silver)

Just to clarify, image edits are the number of images they edited, and tags are the number of tags they added to all of those images.

1. Space Cowboy • 6,721 tags • 1,096 image edits • Diamond tier
2. Inferno • 5,226 tags, 1,112 image edits • Diamond tier
3. Doeoeod • 3,608 tags • 652 image edits • Diamond tier
4. A-Train • 2,992 tags • 610 image edits • Gold tier
5. Lopunny • 2,348 tags • 583 image edits • Gold tier
6. Dr. お兄ちゃん • 2,279 tags • 461 image edits • Gold tier
7. Glacier • 2,177 tags • 367 image edits • Gold tier
8. Darkhanov • 1,888 tags • 478 image edits • Gold tier
9. 3kole5 • 1822 tags • 266 image edits • Gold tier
10. Bullets • 1544 tags • 355 image edits • Gold tier
11. Armesi • 1481 tags • 519 image edits • Gold tier
12. superjumpman • 1190 tags • 175 image edits • Silver tier
13. red4567 • 885 tags • 191 image edits • Silver tier
14. Cold Hard Crash • 849 tags • 164 image edits • Silver tier
15. Kotor • 777 tags • 159 image edits • Silver tier
16. Nii-san • 724 tags • 158 image edits • Silver tier
17. Mangy Black Sheep • 669 tags • 210 image edits • Silver tier
18. DJKing • 613 tags • 182 image edits • Silver tier
19. Jellopy • 515 tags • 102 image edits • Silver tier
20. dirudiru • 511 tags • 105 image edits • Silver tier
21. False_Skeptic • 492 tags • 199 image edits • Silver tier
22. Strate77 • 419 tags • 66 image edits • Silver tier
23. ILoveNima • 359 tags • 72 image edits • Silver tier
24. Commissar Man • 277 tags • 70 image edits • Silver tier
25. Crimeariver • 245 tags • 56 image edits • Silver tier
26. Crauler • 234 tags • 67 image edits • Silver tier

If you aren’t included in the list, and want to see your results, PM me and I’ll send them to you.
In total, users tagged around 9,200 images with 43,500 tags, more than three times as many as the moderators! (lol mods suck)
As for the moderators, they’re not important enough for me to have counted their tags, so I’ll only be listing moderator image edits.

1. Asdfghjkl • 1,501 image edits • Diamond tier
2. ShiJo • 785 image edits • Diamond tier
3. Arcanine • 367 image edits • Gold tier
4. Profrivers • 136 image edits • Silver tier
5. Triple Zed • 145 image edits • Silver tier
6. le noob • 25 image edits • Bronze tier
7. twisty • 21 image edits • Bronze tier
8. Muffinlicious • 3 image edits • No tier :(

(mods tagged around 3,000 images in total)

Thank you guys so much for all your hard work! We will probably be doing this contest annually, and stay tuned for more contribution contests!

Last edited Jun 23, 2016 at 08:20PM EDT
6. le noob • 21 image edits • Bronze tier

hello admins, yes, i would like to report theft as someone seems to have stolen my 5000 image edits

Sheesh, I didn't even make the list. Not that that's a surprise, though, since I've got summer classes this year.

To make up for not having enough time to do much this year, I'm going to make exactly 1111 (check em) edits during next year's competition. See ya, Space Cowboy.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!