Forums / Media / Video Games

38,644 total conversations in 2,703 threads

+ New Thread

Sega announces a "Mega Drive/Genesis Mini 2" system, will have 50 games, including Sega CD titles

Last posted Jun 03, 2022 at 04:07PM EDT. Added Jun 03, 2022 at 04:07PM EDT
1 post from 1 user

Source

Sega recently teased something that hinted towards another "mini console," and while I saw people online speculating a mini Saturn or Dreamcast, turns out Sega is actually gonna do a second Mega Drive/Genesis Mini with 50 games not included in the previous iteration, most notably including Sega CD games. Now as of this moment the mini console is only officially confirmed for Japan (releasing in October for a price equivalent to $76 US), but I'm almost certain American and European versions will be confirmed in the near future.

At the moment the only confirmed games are:

-Sonic CD
-Silpheed
-Shining Force CD
-Popful Mail
-Mansion of Hidden Souls
-Virtua Racing
-Bonanza Bros
-Shining in the Darkness
-Thunder Force IV
-Magical Taruruto
-Fantasy Zone (which is notable as this is a port of the game that never actually came out back in the day, so it's a fun extra akin to Star Fox 2 on the SNES Classic and Darius on the first Genesis Mini)

The mini console itself is also based on the first major revision of the Japanese Mega Drive, so I expect when a version for NA and EU is confirmed it'll be based on the smaller "Genesis 2" model.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!