Forums / Discussion / Serious Debate

14,092 total conversations in 681 threads

+ New Thread

Why don't some people like to think?

Last posted Apr 18, 2018 at 12:25AM EDT. Added Apr 17, 2018 at 12:54PM EDT
8 posts from 7 users

Because it seems many people out there are virtually mindless; they don't really use their brains and think ahead about their actions before they do them. And when they follow through with something and it lands them in hot water, they can't take responsibility for their actions.

A lot of horrible things throughout history's happened due to people either not thinking ahead or not thinking at all, I believe. But it looks like people are making even more disastrous mistakes than ever before.

You'd think they'd learn from past mistakesā€¦but that's the thing. YOU think, but THEY dont. So why?

Why don't people want to use their brains and think?

who are these people you're referring to? What have they specifically done or said that has lead you to believe they haven't thought things over?

Also it is possible that they did think things over and just came to a different conclusion than you did.

It depends on a lot of factors really.

It is hard to explain really since there are a lot of reasons people can leap into hot water without thinking about being careful the first time and trying it similar again despite the first time experience being rather painful.

Two reasons I can think of is that sometimes people can't think outside of the box that they are used to and so have tunnel vision, and sometimes pride and emotions encourage them to go ahead since admitting any wrongdoing is both painful and humiliating.

But there are plenty of other ones though.

Tchefuncte Bonaparte wrote:

Really? Come on--you know how ridiculous and stupid people can be. Not saying I haven't had my moments of stupidity, but stillā€¦

Aecoq wrote:

Really? Come on--you know how ridiculous and stupid people can be. Not saying I haven't had my moments of stupidity, but stillā€¦

We are ALL stupid morons, together!

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!