Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,741 total conversations in 1,733 threads

+ New Thread

Loss of data for forum posts and comments

Last posted Jan 28, 2018 at 02:46PM EST. Added Jan 25, 2018 at 08:45PM EST
47 posts from 37 users

Earlier today I messed up a restore for a user's content and it ended up deleting all other comments and forum posts.

I was able to restore all forum posts and comments up to this morning but all new forum posts and comments after that had to be deleted to keep the IDs in order.

I have other people's comments in my activity :/

Also you deleted my first ever riff-raff thread. I thought it was hilarious, I expected at least 5 upvotes. I know it was necessary but I just wanted you to know that it still hurts.

Well, that would explain why some of my post vanished. at first, I thought someone with mod rank deleted my post for some petty reason. At least now I know it was an honest mistake.

For a while in my activity feed there was a long comment someone else made about getting off to being downvoted and I thought that someone hacked my account to go argue like an idiot with people. Then I went to the comment's page and found out it was an actual person
Commencing at this post, any and all reposts will be legal for 12 continuous hours

Now it seems that the Trending Images bugged out. Almost every image is showing literally 1 upvote on them each right now. Also, the images shown in the same tab are updating sort of randomly right now.

I am on PC, not mobile, in case that helps.

What the hell is happening, anyway..? Stagnating air is common foreshadowing that something terrible is about to happen…

Last edited Jan 26, 2018 at 02:32PM EST

Nice try James, but we all know the real story

You tried to delete the site, end KYM once and for all, restore balance to the net

And then you totally cowarded out

Fortify yourself James, you know what you have to do

Platus wrote:

Nice try James, but we all know the real story

You tried to delete the site, end KYM once and for all, restore balance to the net

And then you totally cowarded out

Fortify yourself James, you know what you have to do

My posts and comments are recovered.

(YEAH BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII)

Last edited Jan 26, 2018 at 03:19PM EST

So that would explain why my activity track for January 25th has turned blank. Also, the lecture of total upvotes is erratic and the KYM comments won't appear on some picture's pages, so I suspect the rabbit's hole goes quite deep.

Triplem wrote:

So that would explain why my activity track for January 25th has turned blank. Also, the lecture of total upvotes is erratic and the KYM comments won't appear on some picture's pages, so I suspect the rabbit's hole goes quite deep.

Post the image page links and I'll check them.

Not only my posts were deleted but for some reason,my comments and people who commented in under my images got so many downvotes and on top of that it says I have -1 upvotes.
Like here:

i'm noticing that some of the upvotes and downvotes have been altered. Some comments that i've seen, including my own, have their ratings decreased by 1. I'm still unsure if the glitch is still responsible for that.

FYI everybody, I accidentally decided to comment on a spam blog post. That got me inadvertently banned as part of the spam blocking, leading me to request reinstatement which I got. Because spam banning deletes the spam caused, this meant that a great deal of history I had on this site (images, comments etc.) got deleted as well.

Thankfully, James was able to retrieve almost everything, except the forum posts (which is no big loss).

MFW I come back here and hear the shenanigans have caused small-scale panic and site fuckery all round:

I am still seeing a few upvotes disappearing. Is the problem sorted out or not..? I do not feel too enthusiastic about posting images if I do not even know if the site is working right now.

Nedhitis wrote:

I am still seeing a few upvotes disappearing. Is the problem sorted out or not..? I do not feel too enthusiastic about posting images if I do not even know if the site is working right now.

Which images of yours are missing upvotes?

A lot, as I was active while this happened. Guess I will list them all:

6. (lost more than 50)
7. (lost more than 100)
13. (lost more than 50)
14. (lost more than 25)
17. (lost more than 50)

And I think a few more, but only like 5 upvotes or so for each of the rest, so it is dismissable. Essentially, almost every image uploaded on the last 48 hours or so. Said images also outright lost some comments, and I myself did on that same lapse, although that is a lot less important.

With that said, I understand that trying to restore one user's data was what caused the whole problem to begin with, so honestly, I am mostly interested on getting reassurance that things are fine now more than having past upvotes restored.

Last edited Jan 27, 2018 at 01:24PM EST

I don't understand. Which comments and posts were deleted? I don't get which ones you mean when you say "all new forum posts and comments after that had to be deleted" (or which ones were deleted to begin with for that matter).

A number of comments were deleted during the last 48 hours – namely, comments on images. Comments on entries do not seem to have been affected.

Also, images themselves were not removed, but they did lose almost every upvote given to them during that lapse, as well as comments on them, and they also seem to have bugged out, as some top comments actually turned with negative score after the incident. Some were even buried not long after being top comment.

For real James, how exactly did you manage to screw up by deleting all comments, forum posts, and messed up the upvotes/downvotes
If your response is "the two options are very close and I clicked the wrong one" then im fukin done

Edit: Nvm Don in Discord said it was a bug that caused it

Last edited Jan 28, 2018 at 02:56PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!