Forums / Media / Moving Images

18,567 total conversations in 823 threads

+ New Thread

Series you dropped due to spoilers?

Last posted Feb 13, 2019 at 07:56PM EST. Added Feb 12, 2019 at 11:47PM EST
2 posts from 2 users

We've all had it happen where you just get spoiled on a major plot point or ending to a series you are currently reading/watching. Sometimes it's enough to kill your enthusiasm to finish the series, other times it just is annoying. This is for the times where it kills your enthusiasm.

For me personally, it happened with Usagi Drop (Bunny Drop). I watched the anime (which I loved) and was planning on reading the manga since it goes on after the anime's story. Then I learned about what happens latter in the series, and how it caused such a huge backlash that the artist even got death threats from readers. After learning about that I didn't bother with the series after that (but I still maintain the anime is great).

I'm fucking weird, usually the opposite actually happens to me; I would randomly come across some sort of media (video games, movies, TV shows, Animes, etc), and then I would look up said media online (usually TV Tropes) and I would look at all the spoilers and I would say to myself, "Oh shit, I gotta see how this all went down!".
But I do keep all the spoilers myself and not actually spreading them around to everyone I know like an asshole.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!