Forums / Media / Moving Images

18,567 total conversations in 823 threads

+ New Thread

Jungle Cruise is currently in production for a movie based on the ride. One of the actors will be... Dwayne Johnson!?

Last posted Aug 01, 2018 at 12:43PM EDT. Added Jul 31, 2018 at 02:16PM EDT
4 posts from 4 users

Well. This is rather interesting. After Dwayne Johnson starred in Rampage and Skyscraper, for some reason, they are making a movie based on the Disney ride Jungle Cruise. While there isn't an official trailer, we do have a Now in Production teaser.

The thing is, movies based on Disney rides happened before. We got the Tower of Terror film with Steve Guttenberg, The Pirates of the Caribbean franchise with Johnny Depp, The Haunted Mansion film (which everyone probably wants a reboot on) with Eddie Murphy, and that mediocre George Clooney film Tomorrowland.

It is possible to form an actual plot based on the Disney ride, though this is based on the Jungle Cruise. The plot that I can dig up so far going into the jungle (which jungle though? The ride appears to take place at one certain river, but the ride itself is actually based on multiple rivers.) to find a magic tree that has healing powers. And taking a guess, all the characters are going to be in a tramp steamer or a similar 30's boat.

I just don't understand why they decided to cast him in this when he was already in Jumanji and will be appearing in the sequel the same year. It's just too familiar is all.

Adam DeLand wrote:

I just don't understand why they decided to cast him in this when he was already in Jumanji and will be appearing in the sequel the same year. It's just too familiar is all.

He's a big draw for the international markets.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!