Forums / Fun! / Memeory Lane

63,534 total conversations in 189 threads

Locked Locked
[Forum Games] Nations RP II

Last posted May 10, 2016 at 10:07AM EDT. Added Mar 17, 2016 at 11:49AM EDT
986 posts from 28 users

Tyranid Warrior #1024649049375 wrote:

Is one of those things suppose to represent me or something? Because the clone/robot army idea actually sounds like something I'd try to do later.

Those are all events from the last game.

Humanities history isn't some set path, and there's no straight line rule in terms of development technologically or culturally. A monarchy could have universal health care and lgbt rights. A democracy could make human sacrifices and use goat organs to tell the future. We can fight a holy war with cruise missiles and h-bombs.

It is faulty to believe that just because we enter an era in this game equivalent to one in our timeline that things are going to go exactly how they would have gone in our world. Cuba and Japan are neighbors in this game guys.

And you're really set on destroying this Marker. There's something I want to know, and its something I should could be answered in this thread.

Sergeant Arch Dornan. Is this marker the same marker as the one in dead space? Not just names or likeness, but does it hold the same properties as the one from the video games?

hey syndic i just sent my turn, but i think it might be too big, can you check it out really quickly and see if i should cut down some stuff?

also it might have really bad orthography

Last edited Apr 13, 2016 at 04:45PM EDT

James Blunt wrote:

hey syndic i just sent my turn, but i think it might be too big, can you check it out really quickly and see if i should cut down some stuff?

also it might have really bad orthography

It's fine. Pretty short compared to some… others, that I recieve.

Black Graphic T wrote:

Sergeant Arch Dornan. Is this marker the same marker as the one in dead space? Not just names or likeness, but does it hold the same properties as the one from the video games?

I have no idea how the marker works in Dead Space, as I've never played the game, but I will say that the likely answer is no. There is no magic in this game, nor are there aliens (yet). This planet is presently untouched by such mysteries.

It’s fine. Pretty short compared to some… others, that I recieve.

Also, repeating the question I asked on the last page, as four messages were posted almost simultaniously.

Syndic, do you know if or when you’ll do the next economical/warfare/religion/diplomacy/trade/whathever maps?

trying to dust off my dead space lore knowledge: the marker is kind of like a brainwashing machine, an alien artifact that if a person stays close to for a really long time and during long sessions, slowly send you to insanity to the point you are forced to do its bidding.

there is only one red marker, it can't be remade and it transmit the brainwashing signal, black markers are created by the followers to make the signal stronger and have more covering range, but a black marker can't work without a red marker near

it also turns you into zombie space mutants but since no unitologist is that i assume it just brainwashes you

Last edited Apr 13, 2016 at 04:51PM EDT

@Donald J. Syndic , That's what I thought.

@A+ , I know I was a bit of a pompus asshole before, but maybe we can work something out so that you don't destroy a place my people consider holy ground? Trade or Lending my military to some of your causes?

Last edited Apr 13, 2016 at 04:53PM EDT

the marker's destruction has already been assured, its brainwashing effects can't be near my people so it will more than likely be turned into pieces.

if this means war so be it

/roleplay aside you weren't an asshole, we are well roleplaying after all, have to get good into character

Last edited Apr 13, 2016 at 04:56PM EDT

Triangle Mare wrote:

Syndic, do you know if or when you’ll do the next economical/warfare/religion/diplomacy/trade/whathever maps?

Probably on or after turn 10.

Elreigh wrote:

Triangle Mare wrote:

Probably on or after turn 10.

Thanks.

Also, did you literally do the quote by typing "Triangle Mare wrote:" followed with a bq . and < hr >?

Last edited Apr 13, 2016 at 05:05PM EDT

After hearing what happened last game I wouldn't be surprised if someone ended up summoning something akin to Cthulhu or starting some type of apocalypse.
stares at The Marker intensely
I'm watching you…

All that aside I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the Red Marker doesn't actually start brainwashing people and creating necromorphs until the civilization that's near it reaches a certain level of intelligence, which is why the events of Dead Space didn't happen in the 1400s and only began once humans had spaceships and the ability to make Black Markers.

Shape wrote:

Thanks.

Also, did you literally do the quote by typing "Triangle Mare wrote:" followed with a bq . and < hr >?

Yeah that's how ya do it. Don't forget to italicize the quote, too.

James Blunt wrote:

the marker's destruction has already been assured, its brainwashing effects can't be near my people so it will more than likely be turned into pieces.

/roleplay aside you weren't an asshole, we are well roleplaying after all, have to get good into character

I suppose it had to happen eventually.

James Blunt wrote:

That's if it can even be destroyed. If it can't, then your best hope would probably be to try to bury it or something like that, but that won't stop crazed cultists from trying to uncover it again. As well from what I've read about it, the shards of the Marker will continue to have the same effect on sentient life.

That's if it can even be destroyed. If it can't, then your best hope would probably be to try to bury it or something like that, but that won't stop crazed cultists from trying to uncover it again. As well from what I've read about it, the shards of the Marker will continue to have the same effect on sentient life.

Anihilate it, send it into space, turn it into particles and recombine to form a giant phallic statue, put it into a crab and send it to Divus…

So many wonderful options of getting rid of it.

Shape wrote:

Anihilate it, send it into space, turn it into particles and recombine to form a giant phallic statue, put it into a crab and send it to Divus…

So many wonderful options of getting rid of it.

Well, no doubt once we have that technology we'd be able to destroy it, but the problem is we don't. (Except maybe the crab-thing, but why would Divus want it anyway?) Most of us don't even have a working steam engine yet, while me and Carim are struggling to try to make a primitive aircraft. Plus I imagine if we're going by how insane the last game got, I'd imagine that once we reach the point of getting those technologies it might be void because of everything around the Marker becoming a dead zone, and all of us fighting a war of attrition we can't win because our own dead is literally used against us. At that point we can either nuke that entire part of the world, or pray to your respective gods for salvation and one of your followers get possessed and turned into an avatar of your god in order to fight them.

All this talk about markers and stuff, and I'm just aiming to try and make an assembly line factory. I doubt I'll be the first, but I'll be there.

Last edited Apr 13, 2016 at 05:59PM EDT

Also, sorry about the long posts lately @Donald J. Syndic. There's just so much stuff opening up now as being possible technologically. I hope we all aren't flooding you in our text walls.

Well, no doubt once we have that technology we'd be able to destroy it, but the problem is we don't. (Except maybe the crab-thing, but why would Divus want it anyway?) Most of us don't even have a working steam engine yet, while me and Carim are struggling to try to make a primitive aircraft. Plus I imagine if we're going by how insane the last game got, I'd imagine that once we reach the point of getting those technologies it might be void because of everything around the Marker becoming a dead zone, and all of us fighting a war of attrition we can't win because our own dead is literally used against us. At that point we can either nuke that entire part of the world, or pray to your respective gods for salvation and one of your followers get possessed and turned into an avatar of your god in order to fight them.

I've just noticed that my paranoia is starting to get the better of me again. That was the reason I got involved in this shitstorm to begin with. For now on, if it doesn't involve my nation directly I'm going to try to stay out of any future conflict regarding that Marker.
If it starts the apocalypse, however, I'm going to rain hell down on it, whether it's in Sprawl's or Kathian's control.

James Blunt wrote:

are fleets required to move armies from continents? like lets say all your fleets are figthing but you need to move armies, are you unable to do so until your fleets are free?

Your armies can move across the sea via transports independent of your combat fleets. Do note, however, that they will not purposefully endanger themselves by assaulting an enemy fleet to make their landing. If the landing zone and all possible alternatives are blocked by enemy fleets, the invading army will be forced to turn back. Furthermore, it is not possible to station armies on the ocean. Armies must end their turn on land.

Watch as my nation somehow makes magic a reality, no doubt it would be like the one from the Cthulhu Mythos where in there what is called magic is nothing more but a form of alien super science that looks like magic.

As for development someone already mentioned it, human progress is not linear and it can change depending on where you are.

Can I sign a treaty of mutual non-aggression with Carim? I'm neighbors with them pretty much everywhere. So I'd like to make it an offical policy that I won't do anything against them, and in exchange, have them not to anything to me?

Black Graphic T wrote:

Can I sign a treaty of mutual non-aggression with Carim? I'm neighbors with them pretty much everywhere. So I'd like to make it an offical policy that I won't do anything against them, and in exchange, have them not to anything to me?

You can and I will accept it along with economical cooperation. If you want we can even throw in cultural and intellectual exchange as well if you interested?

CrowTheMagician wrote:

You can and I will accept it along with economical cooperation. If you want we can even throw in cultural and intellectual exchange as well if you interested?

That might actually be pretty sweet. I got a few stuff down the pipe to see if they work out. One of them is an exploration into culinary arts.

Black Graphic T wrote:

That might actually be pretty sweet. I got a few stuff down the pipe to see if they work out. One of them is an exploration into culinary arts.

I might do that later on but for now I have tech, culture, and social projects in mind. I guess now we have a Triple Entente.

Last edited Apr 14, 2016 at 02:55AM EDT

Carim and Ambrosia have also agreed that along with our alliance and economical cooperation we also sign a new treaty for there to be a cultural and intellectual exchange between our two nations.

James Blunt wrote:

oh syndic pelase let me send an edit i wont add more actions, just change something small

Go ahead.

CrowTheMagician wrote:

I wouldn’t be surprise if someone discovers Antarctic we will all flock over there just to claim pieces of it.

The "New World" continent is actually based upon a topographic map of Antarctica.

Elreigh wrote:

Go ahead.

CrowTheMagician wrote:

I wouldn’t be surprise if someone discovers Antarctic we will all flock over there just to claim pieces of it.

The "New World" continent is actually based upon a topographic map of Antarctica.

Well than I was right without realizing it. To be honest I always thought the New World was Australia than Antarctica. Well at least we don't have to fight in a Emu war.

CrowTheMagician wrote:

Well than I was right without realizing it. To be honest I always thought the New World was Australia than Antarctica. Well at least we don't have to fight in a Emu war.

if you're referring to climate, the New World is closer to Australia than Antarctica by a long shot.

Now I wonder if there are any more undiscovered lands out there. Maybe in the northern sea? That discovery was mind blowing imo.

Black Graphic T wrote:

Now I wonder if there are any more undiscovered lands out there. Maybe in the northern sea? That discovery was mind blowing imo.

Orientale made global expeditions to search for new lands. They returned with nothing.

Black Graphic T wrote:

That discovery was mind blowing imo.

I didn't know it was that exciting.

But yeah like Triangle said, the world has been fully explored and there are no other hidden continents.

Elreigh wrote:

if you're referring to climate, the New World is closer to Australia than Antarctica by a long shot.

Knowing our luck it would have the same wildlife as Australia. Which if it does I may make an underground Kangaroo boxing tournament.

Last edited Apr 14, 2016 at 04:19PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!