Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,742 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Favorite OTPs/Couples in Fiction

Last posted Dec 02, 2020 at 01:07AM EST. Added Dec 01, 2020 at 11:40PM EST
2 posts from 2 users

You know them, you love them, you despise them, you partake in them. OTPs and fiction go together like peanut butter and jelly. We've all, perhaps, indulged in shipping in fictional media and may possibly still do it to this day. That being said, let's have ourselves a thread about our favorite canon (and non-canon) couples in fiction. Post your OTPs and the like here in this thread and, optionally, tell us why you love them.

Since I'm making this godforsaken thread, I might as well start:

Canon OTP: Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase (Rick Riordan book franchise)

I'm an absolute sucker for Greek mythology and young adult adventure stories. I'm not exactly an avid reader but reading books like the Percy Jackson series is like my comfort food. One of my favorite aspects of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians book series is how the characters of Percy and Annabeth play off each other. They're ornery and tease each other, but they also have deep respect and trust of one another. Their friendship had a rocky start in the first book, but they both warmed up to each other, and by the end of the last book in the PJO series, they became a couple, much to my delight at least. Plus their godly parents (Percy with Poseidon and Annabeth with Athena) are rivals in the Greek pantheon. Kind of adds to the romance, no?

I highly enjoy their chemistry and their friendship development over the course of the book series. Sure, the execution isn't necessarily perfect, but I still enjoy the interactions between these two demigods.

(Hopefully, Viria13 doesn't get mad about me sharing her artwork on a forum. She doesn't like having her art reposted. Might as well plug her DeviantArt page while I'm at it. Well, her PJO art at least. It's m'wah magnifique).

Non-canon OTP: Maka Albarn and Soul "Eater" Evans (Soul Eater)

Pretty obvious, huh? In my opinion, these two not being a couple is criminal, but alas, that's what fanfiction is for! This pairing is probably the one I feel strongest about. If it wasn't obvious enough, I love Soul Eater as a franchise, and I love these two to death. Love their chemistry and how their friendship functions. They bicker, fight, and disagree with each other, but they have a partnership based on trust. Plus, the manga has given me plenty of shipping fuel for these two dorks (them dancing with each other makes me warm and fuzzy). Also, THEY ARE SO CUTE TOGETHER GODDAMNIT!

So those are my favorite OTPs. Now tell me yours! Have at it in this thread. Post your favorite canon (or non-canon) couples in fiction.

Last edited Dec 01, 2020 at 11:41PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!