Forums / Discussion / Q & A

3,277 total conversations in 495 threads

+ New Thread

Is possible to download a gallery from KYM?

Last posted Apr 01, 2017 at 01:22AM EDT. Added Mar 30, 2017 at 09:52PM EDT
4 posts from 4 users

Sorry if this question is silly, but I'm new here and I'm dont if this has been asked or if I can do it or I'm not seeing something. So can anyone help me please?
My proble is this: I have been trying to download a gallery from hours but I'm only can download the thumbnails and not the full size of the images. I tried various things like plugins/extensions from Chrome and Firefox, webpages, programs but I'm only able to download the thumbnails. I don't want to manually download them since I might be doing for hours since I want to download quite a few galleriesā€¦

So please help me, or at least, tell me if is possibleā€¦

Oh, and sorry if my english is bad. Not my language.

Last edited Mar 30, 2017 at 10:07PM EDT

There is no currently supported feature for Gallery Downloads on the website, and such a feature has never been asked for before now that I try and think about it. Though from what I understand, such a feature would put too much pressure on our servers.

Just a limitation of the type of website we are.

Last edited Mar 31, 2017 at 08:17AM EDT

I could write something up for this and release it I had the blessing. From what I know, most sites don't like that kind of mass-downloading, so I try (try) to avoid it. Your attempts so far weren't working because KYM doesn't make you load the full-sized images when they aren't displayed at a large enough size for you to notice.

Last edited Mar 31, 2017 at 10:40PM EDT

Many of us have tried (and failed) to automate KYM processes, mostly by downloading site elements. The long and short of it is that you'd have to do this page-by-page or image-by-image, since the galleries only give thumbnails.

If you did this via image pages, you'd be stuck sorting through thousands of pages and would be a general mess. Your connection and browser's speed would be another potential issue.

If you instead opted for straight URL fixing (https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/XXX/XXX/XXX/XXX.jpg/png), there would be less content to load between images, but you'd end up downloading images in the order they were uploaded to the site as a whole, run into constant 404s from moved/deleted images, and also have a kinda shitty time.

Also you'd be automatically IP-banned within seconds.

If you're really looking for a way to grab them, I'd dig around for some kind of way to generate a list of the images within a gallery (either manually or via XMLP site map magic) and then using curl or wget to do some jazz. Try not to get banned though, seriously.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!