Forums / Fun! / Memeory Lane

63,534 total conversations in 189 threads

Locked Locked
[Moving Images] KYM Pony General

Last posted Oct 06, 2011 at 09:42PM EDT. Added Feb 11, 2011 at 03:26PM EST
9959 posts from 189 users

Ashki wrote:

Let me guess, when this thread was originally started, a lot of crap happened? I'm just kinda hazarding a guess since I wasn't here when the original thread was started.

More or less.

• My argument was that discussion was never going to exist on this thread (I was wrong on that point.)
  • The main counter arguments was that there shouldn't be two Pony threads (I could agree somewhat, but I'm still not opposed to two serving different purposes.)
  • Another argument was that we could simply change the nature of the thread so that it was discussion-based (which I think is a poor argument, because that assumes that anyone person can easily change the status quo.)

The thread was closed for none of those reasons. The mod locking it said that the thread wasn't serving its intended purpose (implying, on some level, that the purpose wasn't the immediate problem,) and told those opposed to the thread to simply not post in the thread and wait for it to be locked. So I felt vindicated in the midst of having to argue my point.

EDIT:
I bet you meant this thread (General,) not the locked thread (Discussion.)
I've read through the entire thread up to this point. It was more people who were still trying to understand the show and fandom and less people being annoyed by the fandom.

Last edited Oct 06, 2011 at 05:21PM EDT

Ashki wrote:

Well, something went wrong if one of the other users is afraid to post a Just for Fun thread about the ponies.

Actually I digged it up. My first post was on page 12. That was when we were still using the comments. But this allowed me to check everything before page 12.

As for the JFF forum, I think that's related to when somebody here made a discussion forum in General. Since this one had a lot of image wars back then. The dicussion forum didn't end well. I remember you posting in it as well.

For those interested, this was my first ever post on this forum:

"Hey guise, Twilight is awesome!"

Last edited Oct 06, 2011 at 05:24PM EDT

Ashki wrote:

Ah, okay. Yeah, as I said, I was not around back then, so I have no idea.

Yea it was mainly Troll King who tried to troll all of KYM all the time and he was the leader of the anti pony threads. I just trolled him back with ponies all the time just to mess with him. It was fun.

Cite wrote:

Everyone, I just feel I should say something.
This show is quite possibly the best thing to have happened to my life in the past few years.
The show itself is amazing, the community is extremely polite and welcoming, and I'm still amazed at the effect that something revolving around brightly colored magical ponies can have on people's lives.
So thank you. Thank you, Lauren Faust and Studio B, for making such a fantastic show.
So thank you, brony community, for making me feel welcomed and happy amongst a fandom, something I never thought could ever be accomplished.
And Hell, thank you 4chan, and specifically /co/. For once, that site did something right.
Thank you.

There ya go! :)

Derpy Vaz wrote:

Yea it was mainly Troll King who tried to troll all of KYM all the time and he was the leader of the anti pony threads. I just trolled him back with ponies all the time just to mess with him. It was fun.

Back then, trolling still meant something.

RandomMan wrote:

Actually I digged it up. My first post was on page 12. That was when we were still using the comments. But this allowed me to check everything before page 12.

As for the JFF forum, I think that's related to when somebody here made a discussion forum in General. Since this one had a lot of image wars back then. The dicussion forum didn't end well. I remember you posting in it as well.

For those interested, this was my first ever post on this forum:

"Hey guise, Twilight is awesome!"

Is that you in the picture?

Ric Te$l@ wrote:

Thats not how you spell Pinkie Pie

Oh Ric, buddy, you need to go over your spelling classes, casue that's not how you spell it,
it's R-A-I-N-B-O-W D-A-S-H.
You silly

Ideological the Vinyl Scratch wrote:

Is that you in the picture?

Nope. Back then I visited Comixed more often. Currently, I never do anymore. That comic was posted on the front page, felt like sharing it here.

A picture of myself is too dangerous to show. The manliness that is me is just too much for another to contain. Showing it may cause heart failure.

Last edited Oct 06, 2011 at 05:30PM EDT

Well it's hard to predict what Tosh will do. As an entertainer, he's unpredictable.

I love he smile he gives sometimes, the one where you can't what he's thinking, it's like a serious/wtf is wrong with you/happy smile.

Last edited Oct 06, 2011 at 05:30PM EDT

Derpy Vaz wrote:

I would expect you to do that from your type of personality. Hell if we needed to elect a anti-troll I would be confident enough it would be you to get elected too and that we can troll trolls by giving them love an tolerance because we are showing them the opposite of what they want us to feel.
Pure irony to put it simply

Last edited Oct 06, 2011 at 05:33PM EDT

What have I done?

@Random: Oh right. You're a bunny. Not some guy wearing a cowboy hat. XD

You know it. This bunny gets all the bitches!

RandomMan wrote:

Back then, trolling still meant something.

Yea. I remember one thread where I told TK "don't you realize that you can actually troll people with ponies". After that he started a "I'm a brony now" thread.

Verbose wrote:

More or less.

• My argument was that discussion was never going to exist on this thread (I was wrong on that point.)
  • The main counter arguments was that there shouldn't be two Pony threads (I could agree somewhat, but I'm still not opposed to two serving different purposes.)
  • Another argument was that we could simply change the nature of the thread so that it was discussion-based (which I think is a poor argument, because that assumes that anyone person can easily change the status quo.)

The thread was closed for none of those reasons. The mod locking it said that the thread wasn't serving its intended purpose (implying, on some level, that the purpose wasn't the immediate problem,) and told those opposed to the thread to simply not post in the thread and wait for it to be locked. So I felt vindicated in the midst of having to argue my point.

EDIT:
I bet you meant this thread (General,) not the locked thread (Discussion.)
I've read through the entire thread up to this point. It was more people who were still trying to understand the show and fandom and less people being annoyed by the fandom.

Oh yeah, I remember that, and yeah, I posted in that thread as well. Funny, I thought it was locked due to a supposed flame war myself, but ah well, hopefully a second thread started by a mod won't suffer the same fate.

He seems strangely similar to Discord. Scientists!!

As I had posted a Captain Jack Sparrow's glare vs. Fluttershy's glare contest, we now have a Tosh vs. Discord contest.
1 vote for Tosh.

Last edited Oct 06, 2011 at 05:37PM EDT

Derpy Vaz wrote:

Yea. I remember one thread where I told TK "don't you realize that you can actually troll people with ponies". After that he started a "I'm a brony now" thread.

I kinda remember that thread, was from my lurking period. When I was on the edge of making an account.

Found it btw.

Why can't we have more like that again, when people just made no sence and the first reaction wasn't an attack?

Last edited Oct 06, 2011 at 05:46PM EDT

Good evening bronies. Seems we have some change of plans going on.

I wouldn't mind changing to a new thread after page 200 ( we do oveshadow all others). But I do agree with most of you pointed out, all thread users should be first warned about it and the reasons for doing so and the creator should be a mod.

And if by fat chance most people don't like it can always be unlocked, right?

And one last question: Do you know what friendship is?

RandomMan wrote:

I kinda remember that thread, was from my lurking period. When I was on the edge of making an account.

Found it btw.

Why can't we have more like that again, when people just made no sence and the first reaction wasn't an attack?

Cause it's the internet and trolls have to be jerks and not the good kinda trolls like what was going on in that thread.

Just don't put the two in the same place.

@Bronydude11: Moar ponified memes

(This is kind of out of character for me because im a Ork type guy but here it goes.)
By the God Empress their is a heretic in our mist!!
Looks at Scootaloo
Applebloom: Run Scootaloo before they get you!

Spacemarein: Quick catch her and Purge her with friendship and kindness!

Freakinator wrote:

I won't be here when we hit page 200, /cry.

Make me proud brothers.

The last post on this forum should be this picture
saluting this old forum as we move on to the next one.

Last edited Oct 06, 2011 at 05:56PM EDT

Dr. Gregory Horse The Pony Medic wrote:

Celestia's thoughts about Season 2 ep. 4:

Oh, don't worry Celestia, I don't think that's going to happen. I like you as much as I like Luna. The problem is, we just see more of you and haven't seen Luna since the Elements of Harmony episode, that's it.

And with that, time to head off. See you all later!

Last edited Oct 06, 2011 at 05:59PM EDT

Don't worry, you're not the only one. I probably talk like 4X more here than anywhere else.

EDIT: I'll brb, but befor let me know: Is it wrong feeling aroused by this?

What I mean is that I can be very quiet in this forum. I generally get confused by most of the current topics, and I'm always away when the topics I actually know about are talked about.

…Also, YES.

Last edited Oct 06, 2011 at 06:15PM EDT

Don't worry, you're not the only one. I probably talk like 4X more here than anywhere else.

EDIT: I'll brb, but befor let me know: Is it wrong feeling aroused by this?

Cite wrote:

What I mean is that I can be very quiet in this forum. I generally get confused by most of the current topics, and I'm always away when the topics I actually know about are talked about.

…Also, YES.

Yeah, I think a lot of people are in that situation. Quiet and stuff, i only start posting a lot if im following wtf is going on.

Lets see here:
I am away during topics i know
I am confused by the current topics and images.

I think a lot of people are in the same boat.

omgitsmr wrote:

Yeah, I think a lot of people are in that situation. Quiet and stuff, i only start posting a lot if im following wtf is going on.

Lets see here:
I am away during topics i know
I am confused by the current topics and images.

I think a lot of people are in the same boat.

This.

Cite wrote:

…Also, YES.

I know what you mean, I've been lurking this thread for hours now, I do most days. I just rarely have anything of any value to add to any conversations held here. Partially because the conversations here are mostly composed of images and my pony image folder is non-existent.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!