Forums / Fun! / Memeory Lane

63,534 total conversations in 189 threads

Locked Locked
[Just For Fun] Forum President

Last posted Apr 18, 2012 at 12:07AM EDT. Added Apr 15, 2012 at 08:16PM EDT
403 posts from 59 users

THE VOTING SYSTEM:

Round 1: People apply officially in another thread I will make tomorrow. Whoever has 10 or more karma after one week moves on.

Round 2: After a week of campaigning, Round 2 will be held. A poll off the website (or, if the moderators are feeling badass, ON the website) to narrow candidates down to one person per party. Independent parties will be narrowed down to only one party.

Round 3: After a week of campaigning with the remaining candidates, a final poll will be held. Whoever gets the most votes wins.

Cite wrote:

I'm running for the brony party because I can.
And remember I'm the mostly official ambassador of the Pony Thread.
So yeah.
I'm really bored, for the record.

I am doing this for shits n' giggles as well.
I can be your next runner up or something, because I think this thread went so fast I do not know if I should even bother to read the other posts…

Quantum Meme wrote:

Will we get awesum cuztom titels too?/??///

I too think that the winner should get a custom title.

We should have a Vice Pres too. He should have a title as well.

Troll King wrote:

THE VOTING SYSTEM:
Round 1: People apply officially in another thread I will make tomorrow. Whoever has 10 or more karma after one week moves on.
Round 2: After a week of campaigning, Round 2 will be held. A poll off the website (or, if the moderators are feeling badass, ON the website) to narrow candidates down to one person per party. Independent parties will be narrowed down to only one party.
Round 3: After a week of campaigning with the remaining candidates, a final poll will be held. Whoever gets the most votes wins.

Rather than going by krama votes, why don't we just have people… vote? Someone could easily karma bomb a post and prevent it from getting a victory it should have gotten.

Ric Tesla wrote:

I am doing this for shits n’ giggles as well.
I can be your next runner up or something, because I think this thread went so fast I do not know if I should even bother to read the other posts…

Probably, but I'm not sure yet.

Cite wrote:

Troll King wrote:

THE VOTING SYSTEM:

Rather than going by krama votes, why don't we just have people… vote? Someone could easily karma bomb a post and prevent it from getting a victory it should have gotten.

Ric Tesla wrote:

I am doing this for shits n’ giggles as well.

Probably, but I'm not sure yet.

That's a good idea. We should make a simple voting system instead of using the kramas.

I also Think we should limit the candidates for each party, Homestuck has too many, 10 is too much.

Homestuck Party
madcat
Gamzee
Kasrkai, the Witch King of Cats
MDFification
Fridge Logic
RocketPropelledPanda
ArdentGamer
Kalmo
Drpepperfan
Vlad

Gamer Party
seal clubba (doctorhobo)
random 21
Cpt. Douglas J Falcon
Notsocool
CJ
Cyber6x

Brony Party
Ric Tesla
CitationNeeded
Connor the Brony
Twins the Comatose Vegetable
Bruelock
CitationNeeded

Cat Party
amanda b.
Arctic Dagger
Derpy Vazquez
Herobrine

Supreme Karmmunists 2: Electric Boogaloo Strikes Back Party
Philip J. Fry
Vermin Supreme
Teh Brawler

Troll Party
RussianFedora
Quantum Meme
Slappy The Fish

Animu Party
Patrick
Derpy Freeman

independent Parties:
-

Wesrern Federation
Thomas Nair

No Changes Party
Dr. Meme

Dance Party
404 User Not Found

Pants Party
WsxdasBones FalconHawk

Jimmies Party
Blue Screen

I say 6 in every party.

Last edited Apr 16, 2012 at 04:02PM EDT

You guys, only the first vote is relying on karma voting. The other two votes will rely on an actual poll.

EDIT: Just because we're on the list, it doesn't mean we're candidates. We're supporters. 2 people will be chosen from that group, obviously.

Last edited Apr 16, 2012 at 03:58PM EDT

NottaWotta wrote:

I also Think we should limit the candidates for each party, Homestuck has too many, 10 is too much.

Homestuck Party
madcat
Gamzee
MDFification
Fridge Logic
RocketPropelledPanda
ArdentGamer
Kalmo
Drpepperfan
Vlad

Gamer Party
seal clubba (doctorhobo)
random 21
Cpt. Douglas J Falcon
Notsocool
CJ
Cyber6x

Brony Party
Ric Tesla
CitationNeeded
Connor the Brony
Bruelock
CitationNeeded

Cat Party
amanda b.
Arctic Dagger
Derpy Vazquez
Herobrine

Philip J. Fry
Vermin Supreme
Teh Brawler

Troll Party
RussianFedora
Quantum Meme
Slappy The Fish

Animu Party
Patrick
Derpy Freeman

independent Parties:
-

Wesrern Federation
Thomas Nair

No Changes Party
Dr. Meme

Dance Party
404 User Not Found

Pants Party
WsxdasBones FalconHawk

Jimmies Party
Blue Screen

I say 6 in every party.

We realize that we have a large amount of candidates, and are selecting the ones to run in the actual race from amongst us.
This is going on, I repeat, in the HS general.
However, we have quite a few people who wish to run, so it may be more then two.

Oh wow i leave the thread so i can get some sleep and go to school and this happens…i like it, this thread can get shit done.

Now can someone please enlighten me on what's going on?

Also vote seal clubba (DoctorHobo) 2012 if you want a better economy and some more rights!

NottaWotta wrote:

Homestuck Party
madcat
Gamzee
MDFification
Fridge Logic
RocketPropelledPanda
ArdentGamer
Kalmo
Drpepperfan
Vlad

Gamer Party
seal clubba (doctorhobo)
random 21
Cpt. Douglas J Falcon
Notsocool
CJ
Cyber6x

Brony Party
Ric Tesla
CitationNeeded
Connor the Brony
Bruelock
CitationNeeded

Cat Party
amanda b.
Arctic Dagger
Derpy Vazquez
Herobrine

Philip J. Fry
Vermin Supreme
Teh Brawler

Troll Party
RussianFedora
Quantum Meme
Slappy The Fish

Animu Party
Patrick
Derpy Freeman

independent Parties:
-

Wesrern Federation
Thomas Nair

No Changes Party
Dr. Meme

Dance Party
404 User Not Found

Pants Party
WsxdasBones FalconHawk

Jimmies Party
Blue Screen

I say 6 in every party.

Hey, I'm in the brony party too.

Y U 4GET MEH??

null wrote:

I too think that the winner should get a custom title.

We should have a Vice Pres too. He should have a title as well.

CBC was an exception as it was hosted by mods and staff. But this is just a JFF forum game.

People might go crazy if they think they can go request custom titles for some forum game they came up with.

Last edited Apr 16, 2012 at 04:47PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

CBC was an exception as it was hosted by mods and staff. But this is just a JFF forum game.

People might go crazy if they think they can go request custom titles for some forum game they came up with.

Please? :(

RandomMan wrote:

Hey, hey, maybe we can work something out? Our cabinet still has an opening for Secretary of Swag. Just sayin'.

RandomMan wrote:

I was half joking, but the karma never lies.

Jackal Lantern wrote:

Hey, hey, maybe we can work something out? Our cabinet still has an opening for Secretary of Swag. Just sayin'.

Actually, he's god tier, he's above the King in the hierarchy.

Just finished my speech as well as it's tl:dr version. I will apologise in advance for the fail that comes with it. also, so we got an electric boogaloo party after all…

Last edited Apr 16, 2012 at 06:34PM EDT

I'm tired of RPing as Vermin Supreme. Switching back to Jackal Lantern. Don't worry, though… my platform still centers around promising a bunch of bullshit I will never deliver on and smearing other users. Ric Tesla likes G3.5

Just letting you know so I don't get… like… impeached or whatever.

We should add the stipulation of no negakarma. Because seriously, it's a little silly to do it based on karma if people can not only vote for someone but also take away votes for others. In fact, that's why we might want to do it based on actual votes, because it's harder to trick people into thinking something that didn't happen happened.

ArdentGamer wrote:

We should add the stipulation of no negakarma. Because seriously, it's a little silly to do it based on karma if people can not only vote for someone but also take away votes for others. In fact, that's why we might want to do it based on actual votes, because it's harder to trick people into thinking something that didn't happen happened.

We have no way of enforcing. So that means the rational people who'd obey the rule won't, but the emotional and angry will. This way, it balances instead of sliding into the favor of those who'd abuse the system anyway.

Troll King wrote:

THE VOTING SYSTEM:

Thank you for neglecting to put me in the brony party twice, even after Notsocool did it correctly.

Fellow citizens, it has come to my attention that the Homestuck, if left unchecked, will entirely dominate this election. I propose for the Bronies and another party for a coalition, so we can jointly rule over Equestria the KYM forums! Whoever shall stand up and join us bronies in the fight against Homestuck, please raise your hands, or hooves, or paws, or pants, or what have you!

(also, I'm not sure if mr. dinoasaur was being serious with allying his Pants Party with the Brony Party, although if you are, please speak up)

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

Thank you for neglecting to put me in the brony party twice, even after Notsocool did it correctly.

Fellow citizens, it has come to my attention that the Homestuck, if left unchecked, will entirely dominate this election. I propose for the Bronies and another party for a coalition, so we can jointly rule over Equestria the KYM forums! Whoever shall stand up and join us bronies in the fight against Homestuck, please raise your hands, or hooves, or paws, or pants, or what have you!

(also, I'm not sure if mr. dinoasaur was being serious with allying his Pants Party with the Brony Party, although if you are, please speak up)

>Thinking homestuck is the force is going to overrun the votes with sheer numbers

You do realize the group with single largest potential voter base is convincing you to aid it further?

Last edited Apr 16, 2012 at 07:30PM EDT

>2012
>Bronies not all-powerful voting force

You guys totally swept the "Best meme of 2011' poll, correct? In what universe are you not the most powerful potential voting force? I mean, I'm one of you, I should know.

Oh, right. This one:

Vote for Homestuck Party in 2012, for an infinite number of universes, and a glorious dawn which awaits us all.

Last edited Apr 16, 2012 at 07:41PM EDT

Jackal Lantern wrote:

I'm tired of RPing as Vermin Supreme. Switching back to Jackal Lantern. Don't worry, though… my platform still centers around promising a bunch of bullshit I will never deliver on and smearing other users. Ric Tesla likes G3.5

Just letting you know so I don't get… like… impeached or whatever.

THAT IS PURE UTTER BLASPHEMY!!

MDFification wrote:

We have no way of enforcing. So that means the rational people who'd obey the rule won't, but the emotional and angry will. This way, it balances instead of sliding into the favor of those who'd abuse the system anyway.

Exactly, such a system would show clear bias against the good people of what right now may be the largest party. Something to remember is that the configuration of parties may still change. Someone could yet appeal to the pony thread, or parties could merge. In the end I think that the VOTE to vote system is more fair and would lead to a more interesting race because we could get some "Strange bedfellows" situations.

Join the Animu Party. We have cake. The cake is not a lie or maybe it is a lie. No one knows. We also got Anime. Every single one that is not dubbed by 4kids. We are allies with the bronies in Internet World War II. We need to take out the Axis Powers: Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, SOPA (and related bills), and 4Kids Entertainment. We also have hats. Every single TF2 hat and more. We also have the legendary Missingno. hat.

>spells dinosaur wrong

No, I think I'll stick with my own party. So much for you ponies being a bunch of dictionaries.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!