Forums / Media / Books & Comics

1,014 total conversations in 114 threads

+ New Thread

Captain America is now a Nazi

Last posted May 27, 2016 at 06:41AM EDT. Added May 26, 2016 at 09:08PM EDT
12 posts from 10 users

Okay, so first, it should be clarified that Hydra and Nazis are not the same thing. Not saying that either are good, but calling captain America a "Nazi" has different connotations than calling him a Hydra Agent.

Comic books have a whole universe worth of different universes. Having something like this happening in an off shoot would be interesting to explore. Having it happen to the Captain America feels really out of place though.

Ryumaru Borike wrote:

Believing that this is true with no strings attached is like believing they really killed Superman off, it's a publicity stunt, he's either going to be a triple agent, a fake, or an alt universe

They reportedly confirmed that he's not the latter two, not sure about the first. My guess is tampered memories, but who knows.

I gave up on modern superhero comics years ago, so this doesn't effect me, but this sounds like all kinds of stupid. Comics have always used silly plot contrivances to get by, but it's been getting so desperate lately. Endless reboots. Characters killed but not really. Gender-swaps. This one is worse than most because it goes against 70-plus years of characterization. Nobody buys it.

Nothing says the paragon of justice like being a member of global terrorist organisation with a fascist agenda.

What I'm trying to say is that this is stupid and Marvel should feel stupid.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!