Forums / Fun! / Memeory Lane

63,534 total conversations in 189 threads

Locked Locked
[Creative] KnowYourMeme-themed Pokémon hack

Last posted Mar 05, 2015 at 11:27PM EST. Added Apr 22, 2014 at 08:44AM EDT
988 posts from 127 users

Sorry, my computer is really acting stupid as of late. I can't get any of my paint programs to work, and nothing is saving to my files. Shi Gai, you put yourself out there, so do you mind doing me a solid and working on my sprite?

SirSomeguy wrote:

Sorry, my computer is really acting stupid as of late. I can't get any of my paint programs to work, and nothing is saving to my files. Shi Gai, you put yourself out there, so do you mind doing me a solid and working on my sprite?

I will try. Once I finish the thing I'm currently working on, I'll try to get started on yours.

Fish Dick wrote:

Hey, could one of you guys help me make my sprites, possibly even for my pre-evolution? I will gladly provide images if needed (which they probably are).

Whichwhowhatnow?

Fish Dick wrote:

Hey, could one of you guys help me make my sprites, possibly even for my pre-evolution? I will gladly provide images if needed (which they probably are).

Actually, ignore this post. I'll try to see if i can't do it myself.

Holy crap, guys, I know I haven't been here in a while, but this is turning out A-FRIKIN-MAZING.
Shadow's piano remix of the R/S/E Wild Pokémon Battle theme…
Shi Gui's, Slapperfish's, and Username41's sprites…
This is epic on so many levels, guys.

…Seriously. I'm not kidding.

Viuff, The Ancient Waifumancer wrote:

so i hate to be that guy but when will my spirit be done?
i feel so left out, i even have my spirit idea posted on the first page

…. Well, man, that's a question that I can't answer.
You have to look inside yourself, and ask… what is it that my spirit really wants? What is it's goal? Only then, when you know what your spirit wants, you can link your spirit with your heart and soul. If you perfectly link your three main life forces, then you are ready. What you will need to do is set off on a journey to the hidden village of Felkreek, where you will meet and elderly woman by the name of Evalyne. Tell her that you seek to complete your spirit, and she will know what to do. She will then give you all your necessary items for your adventure to the land of Sulkania, where Mt. Akuto lies. You will need bravery, and courage, and your three links to help you complete the adventure, and once you reach the border of Sulkania, this is where you will be tested. There is a cave you must traverse through to make it into Sulkania, and at the very end, lies a Minotaur. His hair blocks his eyesight, so you have that at your advantage, but he still has great sense of smell and hearing. To defeat him, you must use the Mystril orb, given to you by Evalyne, to temporarily stun the Minotaur. After that, use your sword and rope to climb up onto his back, and decapitate him. You must make sure to separate his head from his body, as that is the only way to assure his death. Even a stab through the heart won't even faze it. Once you kill the Minotaur, there are some lava geysers that you must avoid. you can tell when they are about to erupt when a heated red spot, maybe about 1.5 feet in diameter, appears. If you see that, you need to run, because the lava geyser's range is ridiculous. And finally, after some monsters you may face along the way, you should reach Mt. Akuto. You must climb to the very top of the mountain, where you will find out that it is an active volcano, and there are stairs leading inside. You must power through the intense heat in order to advance, and within a small cave inside the volvano, you shall meet the great elder, who lives there as a way to push his body to the limits. After you meet him, he shall tell you when you spirit will be done, and how.

But as for your sprite's progress, it's getting there, so don't worry.

Shadow Man wrote:

You have to look inside yourself, and ask… what is it that my spirit really wants? What is it's goal? Only then, when you know what your spirit wants, you can link your spirit with your heart and soul. If you perfectly link your three main life forces, then you are ready. What you will need to do is set off on a journey to the hidden village of Felkreek, where you will meet and elderly woman by the name of Evalyne. Tell her that you seek to complete your spirit, and she will know what to do. She will then give you all your necessary items for your adventure to the land of Sulkania, where Mt. Akuto lies. You will need bravery, and courage, and your three links to help you complete the adventure, and once you reach the border of Sulkania, this is where you will be tested. There is a cave you must traverse through to make it into Sulkania, and at the very end, lies a Minotaur. His hair blocks his eyesight, so you have that at your advantage, but he still has great sense of smell and hearing. To defeat him, you must use the Mystril orb, given to you by Evalyne, to temporarily stun the Minotaur. After that, use your sword and rope to climb up onto his back, and decapitate him. You must make sure to separate his head from his body, as that is the only way to assure his death. Even a stab through the heart won't even faze it. Once you kill the Minotaur, there are some lava geysers that you must avoid. you can tell when they are about to erupt when a heated red spot, maybe about 1.5 feet in diameter, appears. If you see that, you need to run, because the lava geyser's range is ridiculous. And finally, after some monsters you may face along the way, you should reach Mt. Akuto. You must climb to the very top of the mountain, where you will find out that it is an active volcano, and there are stairs leading inside. You must power through the intense heat in order to advance, and within a small cave inside the volvano, you shall meet the great elder, who lives there as a way to push his body to the limits. After you meet him, he shall tell you when you spirit will be done, and how.

That was the most gloriously long-winded smartassery I've ever seen
Good show, old chap

Slime Cap wrote:

No, no. Do put up a reference.

Yeah you know what, it's probably best to let some of the pros (heh) mess around with my sprites. Dunno why i thought you didn't want to do it.

(Ignore the guy on the back)

It's kind of tough to find decent images from a not so popular game, but it will probably do.

Also, if anyone thinks this is wierd compared to my profile, i joined this project pretty early while i had the robot chicken above me as my avatar. At some point, i just decided to change my profile completely.

Last edited Jun 25, 2014 at 03:09PM EDT

Fish Dick wrote:

Yeah you know what, it's probably best to let some of the pros (heh) mess around with my sprites. Dunno why i thought you didn't want to do it.

(Ignore the guy on the back)

It's kind of tough to find decent images from a not so popular game, but it will probably do.

Also, if anyone thinks this is wierd compared to my profile, i joined this project pretty early while i had the robot chicken above me as my avatar. At some point, i just decided to change my profile completely.

I accidentally cute.

My pre-evolution "Shi Gai" is complete!
Shi Gai
The wimp pokemon.
Type: Steel

(Normal)

(Shiny)

Oh, and I fixed up the shiny version of the general. (After learning how to use the re-color tool on PDN.)

(Consider the old shiny void…)

SirSomeguy wrote:

Thanks dude. I've got my image reference in the FAQ.

(I don't know what faq you're referring to, but link pls.)

Since this project is chugging along now with sprite artists right now I'll give instructions on the design I left for my sprite on the last page since I just threw the art out there. First off I would like for my normal sprite to be in grayscale after my art which is primarily in that style. I would also like for my shiny sprite to be in color, preferably for the turtle part to be based on Koopas, the human face to be pale skin, the glasses to have no color, my eyes just be black pupils, and for the hair to be a dark brown. If you need further reference you could just look at my profile picture.

NintenDylan wrote:

Since this project is chugging along now with sprite artists right now I'll give instructions on the design I left for my sprite on the last page since I just threw the art out there. First off I would like for my normal sprite to be in grayscale after my art which is primarily in that style. I would also like for my shiny sprite to be in color, preferably for the turtle part to be based on Koopas, the human face to be pale skin, the glasses to have no color, my eyes just be black pupils, and for the hair to be a dark brown. If you need further reference you could just look at my profile picture.

(I'm done.)

General Shi Gai wrote:

(I'm done.)

Thank you General and I'm glad you brought my vision to life. And here comes all the important parts. However I'm not sure if I should have an evolutionary form yet.
Name: NintenDyln (Because of the character limit the a in Dylan is removed)
Fan Boy Pokemon
Type: Ground/Water
Ability: Oblivious
Pokédex: This Pokemon is usually found near Nintendo conventions and Gothic Lolitas. Some say it is a manifestation of a Nintendo fan that wished for eternal life.

Here, my final draft.

EDIT: Once a normal teddy bear brought to life by a mysterious being. This Usermon is said to compliment anyone until they puke this Sunday. This Usermon also has a fascination with hedgehogs in maid dresses.

Last edited Jun 26, 2014 at 05:39AM EDT

ddddiig wrote:

Here, my final draft.

EDIT: Once a normal teddy bear brought to life by a mysterious being. This Usermon is said to compliment anyone until they puke this Sunday. This Usermon also has a fascination with hedgehogs in maid dresses.

I don't know what the abilities can be.

Mr Bumhole #1 Fan Of Osaka wrote:

pokemon is shit tho

im a mod so its official thats how it works

THE MOD HAS SPOKEN

MOD IS LOVE

MOD IS LIFE

MODMODMODMODMODMODMODMDODODMODODKDOMDOMFDOOMDODOM

Last edited Jun 26, 2014 at 01:32PM EDT

Shadow Man wrote:

"I don't know about a spirit, but your sprite…", would have been sufficient. You killed it.

pokemon is shit tho

I am here to confirm that this person is a moderator, so their word is most likely fact.

Also, I apologize for writing the last apology I made to shadowmancreator in this thread because I realised that I am not sorry for cheating so much that I defeated the Elite Four in the KYM Pokemon Rom Hack beta and I plan on doing it again sometime.

tl;dr: Not sorry at all.

ha. ha. ha.

HEH. HEH. HEH.

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

Muffinlicious wrote:

ALL HAIL DRPEPPERFAN
KING OF MODERATORS

What are you talking about I am the true DrPepperFan fan fan, you can tell as I am the #3 fan of Osaka.

Last edited Jun 26, 2014 at 01:21PM EDT

pokemon is shit tho

I'm a brand new faggot mod and I say pokemon's awesome so BOOM ROASTED

Also, SMC, I absolutely love the "Mega Droid Battle" music you included on the previous page. Find some way to use, cause it's great.

Well, it has been two months.
Now I can finally be a pokemon!
Karoler:
Type: Normal/Dark
Abilities:
Run Away
Pickup
What I would look like:
Kenny from south park (its my minecraft skin)
Pokedex entry:
This usermon acts really kind to people but when it gets mad, it goes on a rampage.

Moves:
Start: Tackle
Start: Leer
Lv.6: Mud Slap
Lv.10: Bite
Lv.16: Glare
Lv.24: Ice Punch
Lv.35: Needle Arm
Lv.40: Crunch
Lv.45: Mega Punch
Lv.52: Cross Chop
Lv.60: Hyper Beam
Lv.70: Explosion

Thanks for reading.

Last edited Jun 27, 2014 at 03:08AM EDT

General Shi Gai wrote:

My pre-evolution "Shi Gai" is complete!
Shi Gai
The wimp pokemon.
Type: Steel

(Normal)

(Shiny)

Oh, and I fixed up the shiny version of the general. (After learning how to use the re-color tool on PDN.)

(Consider the old shiny void…)

I think a green or yellow Shy Guy would be a more appropriate shiny palette for ShiGai.
EDIT: I did it. Only, I suck at the "Recolor" tool in PAINT.NET
The blue and yellow palette was inspired by one of the Shy Guys in Yoshi's Island.

Last edited Jun 27, 2014 at 03:58AM EDT

LNH wrote:

THE MOD HAS SPOKEN

MOD IS LOVE

MOD IS LIFE

MODMODMODMODMODMODMODMDODODMODODKDOMDOMFDOOMDODOM

Jesus Christ I leave this thread for 19 hours and everyone is shitting out of their eyeballs.

Patrick Star 3D Real wrote:

i think a looong ass time ago on this thread, i wanted my sprite to be of a man in a buiness suit with a tv head.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!