Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,872 total conversations in 4,540 threads

+ New Thread

Beard shaving meme

Last posted Jun 17, 2014 at 07:55PM EDT. Added Jun 13, 2014 at 11:51PM EDT
4 posts from 3 users

I'm trying to find the origin and the artist behind the following comic strip:

There seems to be a trend of multipane pictures depicting men shaving their beard and posting the result (or turning in to a baby for that matter):

Last edited Jun 13, 2014 at 11:54PM EDT

From what I found, this imgur image is possibly the original upload. The same day it was shared to Reddit and spread on Pinterest, from where it grew further. I found articles from a few days earlier which mentioned it, but those were most likely edited in later.

I haven't found the first version yet of a person who shaved his own beard due to the comic. Chances are the first one there was 1-2 days after that one, because of Movember. Here's also a version with over 1 million likes, so that certainly counts for helping it spread.

Last edited Jun 14, 2014 at 11:55AM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

From what I found, this imgur image is possibly the original upload. The same day it was shared to Reddit and spread on Pinterest, from where it grew further. I found articles from a few days earlier which mentioned it, but those were most likely edited in later.

I haven't found the first version yet of a person who shaved his own beard due to the comic. Chances are the first one there was 1-2 days after that one, because of Movember. Here's also a version with over 1 million likes, so that certainly counts for helping it spread.

That version doesn’t seem to actually have 1 million likes. That count is probably for that website’s Facebook page rather than that specific image. Every other image on that site has the same like count.

Don wrote:

That version doesn’t seem to actually have 1 million likes. That count is probably for that website’s Facebook page rather than that specific image. Every other image on that site has the same like count.

Well, derp.

Thanks for the correction.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!