Forums / Discussion / General

233,272 total conversations in 7,801 threads

+ New Thread

Has anyone had a feeling that somebody is stalking your profile to downvote you?

Last posted Apr 23, 2023 at 11:27PM EDT. Added Mar 17, 2023 at 08:00AM EDT
27 posts from 19 users

Happens to me every few months. Out of nowhere it's like literally every comment I make regardless of where I make it or how benign it is is being downvoted by exactly one or two people. It's impossible to tell who it is, but I won't lie sometimes I'm almost certain it's gotta be "whomever I most recently got into an argument/debate with on this site." Seeing how unhinged some people can be though I admit I do sometimes worry that a person I argue with might take shit too far one day (basically anyone whose mind is as unhinged as someone like that VenusianRapper guy that Vorobey recently did an expose on).

Last edited Mar 17, 2023 at 10:12AM EDT

Not in the comments but in the forums lol. I know it's a stalker or bot because they'll downvote the most innocuous, unnoteworthy posts I make. Like, if someone aka a question on the forums and my post is literally just "I think so, yeah." He's there within the hour, almost without fail. Could be a bot, could be a stalker from the discord, but in either case, it's just a nothingburger.

Happens to pretty much every active comment/forum user at some point or another. I wouldn't pay too much attention to it, karma scores on this site do not matter in any way whatsoever.

You're not a real memer until you've had your first downvote party.
It's like a Rite of Passage. . . of sorts. It's best to take it in stride.

I'm not sure, but maybe I did? I'm opinionated.

It's not a good idea to get too obsessed with votes, but it's interesting to see how certain users can almost reliably have a certain "score". Hover over their total score and they'll have the same amount of downvotes & upvotes for multiple comments.

In small forums people tend to have a set amount of supporters & detractors.

I honestly tend to be less interested in some internet points I get on a post I make and much more in the discussion it generates. Sometimes I put a lot of thought into the things I do or say and I don't get a single response, and the amount of upvotes I get doesn't really satisfy me regardless of how high it is. I want to see people explain WHY they agree with whatever it is I said, but it feels like no one ever does. It kinda annoys me when posts that I personally don't think have anything new to say are more likely to get treated like it does.
this is just a vent post, im not trying to make a point here so dont take this as anything

My previous post now has 4 up and 3 down. Either some of ya'll are being silly little shits or the sudden increase small in followers I got recently actually meant something (it's been a stagnant 393 for months but I suddenly gained 2 out of nowhere, which is surprising to me as hell I don't even follow anyone myself as I don't want to come off looking like I'm singling out "favorite people" on this site).

@Chewybunny
Most stable Reddit user.

Mistress Fortune wrote:

My previous post now has 4 up and 3 down. Either some of ya'll are being silly little shits or the sudden increase small in followers I got recently actually meant something (it's been a stagnant 393 for months but I suddenly gained 2 out of nowhere, which is surprising to me as hell I don't even follow anyone myself as I don't want to come off looking like I'm singling out "favorite people" on this site).

@Chewybunny
Most stable Reddit user.

Oh he was a gem. He would constantly calling me a lying Jew, and refuting my positions in Politics thread about China/Russian relations. Constantly send me videos from goyimtv. I miss it.

You've Yeed Your Last Haw wrote:

I'll never understand why most KZN002 images, specially those about Jan 6 have at least one downvote. And its almost instantly. A new pic is added to the Jan 6 gallery deep at night. Boom. Downvoted.

> Two downvotes

Oh my god they are following me now

Doeoeod wrote:

Happens to pretty much every active comment/forum user at some point or another. I wouldn't pay too much attention to it, karma scores on this site do not matter in any way whatsoever.

THE FUCK YOU MEAN?!?! KARMA MATTERS, DAMN YOU!!!
HOW ELSE AM I GOING TO IMPRESS THE MODS?

Last edited Apr 15, 2023 at 04:21AM EDT

Evilthing wrote:

Has happened to me a time or two. Suddenly, an image several years old get downvoted.

That's a regular occurrence. People still upvote or downvote stuff I posted 11 years ago.
OP is talking about stuff like this

I get downvoted in comments on my own wall

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!