Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,921 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

What To Do With New Users Who Only Spam Propaganda?

Last posted Nov 22, 2016 at 05:49PM EST. Added Nov 22, 2016 at 04:46PM EST
5 posts from 3 users

>13 images
>last image posted a day after he activated
>people assault him on his wall
>no activity since (2 weeks passed)
>"spam"

So who should I punish?

RandomMan wrote:

>13 images
>last image posted a day after he activated
>people assault him on his wall
>no activity since (2 weeks passed)
>"spam"

So who should I punish?

Umm, do you have a problem with what I'm suggesting?

As much as I find users who made an account only to post poor arguments against a certain group that basically qualifies as propaganda annoying, it's not really rule breaking in and of itself. The point of the gallery is to document spread of things online, and people hating other people is certainly something that has online spread.

Sometimes we do intervene when it's clear they are only doing stupid stuff to get other people mad (aka, going out of your way to be a dick). The fact they are not actually commenting seems to suggest they were not just doing it to troll other users.

chowzburgerz wrote:

Umm, do you have a problem with what I'm suggesting?

I simply find your example not a good one when it comes to spam.

I'm mixed on the propaganda part. Opinions should be allowed and any suggestion that we should disallow a certain opinion ain't gonna happen, making it up to the content they "spam" what we should do with them.

I'd place the focus of punishing them or not to things like inflaming material. If they upload stuff with the specific intention to rustle jimmies, we can act; if they upload something they simply believe in, not so easily.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!