Forums / Fun! / Memeory Lane

63,534 total conversations in 189 threads

Locked Locked
[Moving Images] KYM Pony General

Last posted Oct 06, 2011 at 09:42PM EDT. Added Feb 11, 2011 at 03:26PM EST
9959 posts from 189 users

Okay, so this is a bit longer than I expected it to be, but whatever, short version is it surprised me a bit and is worth giving a try.

So I've been lurking a bit. Nothing special, you know? But then, suddenly, ponies. THOUSANDS OF THEM. I've been kinda on the fence on whether or not to care enough to even watch the first few episodes for a while now. Whatever else you might say about the show, it has an amazing fanbase, and, generally speaking, having a periphery demographic grow to be so omnipresent is hard to do without being a very good work, right? Well after however long it's taken to get this far, I've finally watched the pilot episodes. They were weirdly compelling for some reason. I mean, the voices weren't what I expected of course (Is it just me, or does Rainbow Dash sound a lot like Ash Ketchum from pokemon?) and I wasn't very glad when the first musical number started going down, (do those get better by the way?) but overall, I have to say that I am leaning further towards the pony part of the intertubes then I was before. So I think I may have to watch some more when I have time.

I think the worst songs are the Cutie Mark Crusader's song and You Gotta Share.
But they were meant to be bad, so, can't be angry about it…
I liked Pinkie's first song. But the songs do get better from there. I think the best song is Rarity's, Art Of The Dress.

I've watched more episodes since my first post here, and I am now at twilight sparkle stage. I enjoy the show very much! Good-quality animation, writing and humor are clever, well-developed characters… lot of things to like about it. I'm even more impressed with the community surrounding the show, with the images, fanfics, sites, things like that.

hey everybody!(don't know if a 2 day old member cand post something viable but hey im giving it a shot)..i just watched the first 2 episodes of this show..conclusion:not a bad show but i got a dilema…there are ponies,unicorns and pegasus-type ponies……aren't the ponies jelous on the other kinds or something?…i mean they are like at the bottom of the barrel…just asking…

KlownKontrol wrote:

hey everybody!(don't know if a 2 day old member cand post something viable but hey im giving it a shot)..i just watched the first 2 episodes of this show..conclusion:not a bad show but i got a dilema…there are ponies,unicorns and pegasus-type ponies……aren't the ponies jelous on the other kinds or something?…i mean they are like at the bottom of the barrel…just asking…

Not really. Usually.

You'll notice, AppleJack, a regular pony, is the strongest of the main cast by far. Also, Lauren Faust answered a question that sort lends to this. Unicorns are the only ones able to harness magic for usage. The others have passive magic as well. Pegasus can walk on clouds, and the Earth Ponies are the ones who are able to better communicate with animals and work with plants.

If the show were more serious, there might be an episode like that, but the kind of larger plot I would want is the unearthing of the horrible experiments/things Celestia is doing, and the rebellion against the Tyrant Queen.

00CLANK wrote:

You'll notice, AppleJack, a regular pony, is the strongest of the main cast by far. Also, Lauren Faust answered a question that sort lends to this. Unicorns are the only ones able to harness magic for usage. The others have passive magic as well. Pegasus can walk on clouds, and the Earth Ponies are the ones who are able to better communicate with animals and work with plants.

If the show were more serious, there might be an episode like that, but the kind of larger plot I would want is the unearthing of the horrible experiments/things Celestia is doing, and the rebellion against the Tyrant Queen.

Well that pretty much answered some of the questions i would of had…but i did noticed that the normal ponies are more numerous…and the only ones i saw doing anything productive…does that make them the workhorse of their society or the others do their part too?

…I don't get it. Why did you post that video, Schizo?

@Raoul: I guess you could equate it to Elves, Humans and Dwarves. In just about all fantasy, Dwarves are stocky and strong and amazing craftsmen. Elves are lithe and magical creatures. Whereas humans are a lot of in between and not as good in any single area, but are the most numerous by far.

00CLANK wrote:

…I don't get it. Why did you post that video, Schizo?

@Raoul: I guess you could equate it to Elves, Humans and Dwarves. In just about all fantasy, Dwarves are stocky and strong and amazing craftsmen. Elves are lithe and magical creatures. Whereas humans are a lot of in between and not as good in any single area, but are the most numerous by far.

thanks for clearing that up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u7XysaEVBs&feature=feedf

1:23 is the reason Rainbow Dash is my fave pony.

Also, I know it's always the nice and quiet ones like Fluttershy that completely lose their sanity in the end, but seeing as how Pinkie is loud and bombastic and she was easily just as insane as Fluttershy was in the previous episode, I'd think it's safe to assume that all six ponies are utterly nutso.

… Eeyup. Utterly nutso.

But overall, this was a great season finale, no matter how overused the basic plot was.

Can't wait 'til next season!

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!