Forums / Fun! / Memeory Lane

63,534 total conversations in 189 threads

Locked Locked
[Riff-Raff] IRC moments

Last posted Jun 25, 2016 at 05:15PM EDT. Added Jul 19, 2014 at 10:53PM EDT
896 posts from 117 users

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

I can actually get behind these complaints.

For most of my teenage life, I thought Washington D.C. was located in the state of Washington.

I mean, the current situation is like having New York City located in the state of Wisconsin or something.

Wisconsin is a state, right?

Yes, Wisconsin is a state.

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

For most of my teenage life, I thought Washington D.C. was located in the state of Washington.

I mean, the current situation is like having New York City located in the state of Wisconsin or something.

Not even tho, it gets worse

Imagine if NYC was bordered by Wisconsin (in DC's case it's Maryland to the north and Virginia to the south but who cares) but… NYC isn't actually part of Wisconsin

Instead its in its own pseudo-state-like area, let's call it the District of Manhattan, that surrounds the city; Residents are full U.S. citizens but register for licenses, to vote, etc under the District of Manhattan instead of Wisconsin. Oh also they have a single House member but that member has no voting powers, and they don't have anyone in the senate

Anyways replace Wisconsin with MDVA and Manhattan with Columbia that's DC except even more ironically that house and senate are in the same city as you and your delegate STILL cant vote.

so yeah theres your riff-raff weird politics lesson for the day

Epyc Wyn attempts to discover the shocking truth behind masturbating.
Also, Cliffjumper celebrating his victory over the Tumblr gallery.

Last edited Jul 28, 2015 at 06:29PM EDT

Emperor Palpitoad wrote:

They left out the parts where they called me retarded and autistic in addition to obnoxiously mocking me when I pointed out that they shouldn't have entire threads dedicated to hating users and shouldn't be able to suspend any account they want to for 3 hours on a whim, which mods can and do often. This is in the riff raff rules they really justified this to me and allow everything I just mentioned. Yeah, I called them horrible people. They did nothing but ridicule me and my notion that hatred in the riff raff threads is wrong. The mods of KnowYourMeme were horrible toward me in the IRC chat and not one of them disagreed or defended me. They are quite hateful and I do not believe they should be running KYM. Tighter restrictions and regulations on mod powers should be in place but apparently it's just a social fuckall people can abuse to their liking. This post will get downvoted to oblivion, of course, as any of the mods in the chat whom will certainly read this would love to do so. I suppose if you take all my words out of context though it's a really funny post that makes me look bad. What they are doing is wrong, and they will get away with it over and over. I loved this site, used it since I was 15, loved posting loved commenting loved interacting. It's been a nice thing for me that makes me happy and gives me something to look forward to doing every day, from covering events like the Reddit Blackout to posting about Bernie Sanders. Now I can no longer enjoy it, because the people running it will insult and openly ridicule anyone who disagrees with them.

By all means, let me be the 9/11 of KYM. If this is what KYM stands for, I don't want it to exist.

I formally apologize to the community for the hatred I focused into this post. I've been reflecting on my past words, and I understand the logic behind them, but I disagree with the logic and with the way in which I conveyed it. I apologize for insulting the mods, not all mods are alike, and none of them are horrible. I would certainly say some are questionable and at times overstep their bounds, but such actions are expected as nobody is perfect.

Some mods, are unable to filter their insults, when they should, but the same goes for other people. I have been rude toward the users in the IRC and the mods, and apologize for this. I will not say I am the only one who has done this, as irc users and mods alike have frankly, cursed at me and said I do not belong on here many times in, varied ways. It is read those things, and I hope in the future the people responsible for these acts will not partake in them again. But I do apologize for insults I have personally made and the darkly manner in which I had been conveying myself in this thread and on IRC.

I firmly stand by the fact more restrictions should be in place on mods and that perhaps a list of rules mods must follow should be created and enforced, but that is just my preference, not the overall preference of the KYM community and certainly not of the mods. Although, paradoxically, I doubt such standards would ever be put in place as I doubt a mod would want to limit his/her abilities just because of a paranoia surrounding what they can sometimes do with their powers.

KnowYourMeme, is a good site. As for the users, they are as good as I'd expect any other community's users to be. I can't expect Tumblr to act like Reddit or 4chan to act like Youtube, and considering the fact KnowYourMeme is a melting pot of all those sites and then some, it is inevitable the mindsets of each website would appear here frequently.

I formally apologize for this and any other hate I have conveyed and hope I and other users/mods/admins will try to uphold a user-friendly interface without hate and insults. Cheers, KYM. :D

Emperor Palpitoad wrote:

I formally apologize to the community for the hatred I focused into this post. I've been reflecting on my past words, and I understand the logic behind them, but I disagree with the logic and with the way in which I conveyed it. I apologize for insulting the mods, not all mods are alike, and none of them are horrible. I would certainly say some are questionable and at times overstep their bounds, but such actions are expected as nobody is perfect.

Some mods, are unable to filter their insults, when they should, but the same goes for other people. I have been rude toward the users in the IRC and the mods, and apologize for this. I will not say I am the only one who has done this, as irc users and mods alike have frankly, cursed at me and said I do not belong on here many times in, varied ways. It is read those things, and I hope in the future the people responsible for these acts will not partake in them again. But I do apologize for insults I have personally made and the darkly manner in which I had been conveying myself in this thread and on IRC.

I firmly stand by the fact more restrictions should be in place on mods and that perhaps a list of rules mods must follow should be created and enforced, but that is just my preference, not the overall preference of the KYM community and certainly not of the mods. Although, paradoxically, I doubt such standards would ever be put in place as I doubt a mod would want to limit his/her abilities just because of a paranoia surrounding what they can sometimes do with their powers.

KnowYourMeme, is a good site. As for the users, they are as good as I'd expect any other community's users to be. I can't expect Tumblr to act like Reddit or 4chan to act like Youtube, and considering the fact KnowYourMeme is a melting pot of all those sites and then some, it is inevitable the mindsets of each website would appear here frequently.

I formally apologize for this and any other hate I have conveyed and hope I and other users/mods/admins will try to uphold a user-friendly interface without hate and insults. Cheers, KYM. :D

Congratulations on formally announcing something on something that's anything but formal!

Emperor Palpitoad wrote:

Emperor Palpitoad wrote:

i thought this was IRC moments not epyc wyn writes a fucking essay

Emperor Palpitoad wrote:

itt: we all reply to the same 5 paragraph apology epyc wrote increasing the page size by 10

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

It gets worse though.

Well guys it took a shitload of time but i finally managed to get the whole thing, so without a further ado, I give you: The Dragonlord Chronicles

(I choose to leave out the user i'm referencing here's name to avoid further drama)

Thats it, sorry for the huge post, but this had to be put here, gnight folks.
Last edited Aug 08, 2015 at 12:40AM EDT

No Original Names wrote:

Well guys it took a shitload of time but i finally managed to get the whole thing, so without a further ado, I give you: The Dragonlord Chronicles

(I choose to leave out the user i'm referencing here's name to avoid further drama)

3:59pm , me posting hot anime virginias B)

No Original Names wrote:

whew

That was a long one. I love the part where people-who-weren't-in-the-conversation's posts are out of context.

No Original Names wrote:

bloopre reel

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!